Prices Going up on Everything I Want on Newegg

Ub3rn00b

[H]ard|Gawd
I was looking at buying the 3800+ x2 processor a few weeks ago when they were something like 145 bux on newegg.com. I do some shopping around. A couple days later, the same processor on newegg.com is 175 bux. I'm like WTH. But ok. I can wait on the processor. Then I start looking at video cards. I became fond of the XFX 7900gs. It was 199 bux on newegg.com. That's without rebates or anything. The XT version is a bit better card and was 209 bux at the same time. Today, the price of the 7900gs went up to 229 bux! The XT went up yesterday from 209 to 211. No big deal there. Still, the prices are going up on them. Every time I have my eye on something, it seems, the price goes up. BAH.

prices change on hardware all the time, and sometime Newegg adds to costs all the time. Kind off topic, but I would consider the 7900gto for your video card.

what does this have to do with anything.

this is too genmayish.

Faction said:
what does this have to do with anything.

this is too genmayish.

What did THAT have to do with anything?

It's a video card thread and it's a post about video card prices and it was posted in the video card section of the forum. For anyone looking at buying a video card, either of these in particular, this information may be pertinent.

no this tread was about

Every time I have my eye on something, it seems, the price goes up. BAH.
you talked more about processors than you did even about video cards...

Faction said:
no this tread was about

you talked more about processors than you did even about video cards...

Processors: 53 words, 260 characters

Video Cards: 90 words, 430 characters.

As you can see, I talked alot more about video cards actually.
At this point, I've talked far more about people hijacking my thread than I have about processors OR video cards, however.

Ub3rn00b said:
Processors: 53 words, 260 characters

Video Cards: 90 words, 430 characters.

As you can see, I talked alot more about video cards actually.
At this point, I've talked far more about people hijacking my thread than I have about processors OR video cards, however.

Lol.

You CAN look at other websites besides NewEgg.

While everyone is ranting..I would like to chime in: Why the hell does Monarch send me an e-mail spam about a special sale for LOCAL CUSTOMERS ONLY when they are in Georgia and I'm in Texas? :p

Yes I need the 3800 x2 939. The one you posted a link to is not the x2.
The x2 is actually 184 now on zipzoomfly.

It's 185 now on newegg but not in stock. It's been going up every week.

And the 4200 x2 is 183. Why the 4200 x2 would cost less than the 3800 x2 is beyond my level of knowledge. It IS a different core . The 3800x2 i was looking at was the Manchester core. Newegg doesn't have the 4200 x2 manchester listed anymore at all.

I think we are seeing macro economic inflation across the board espcially in the consumer tech products. You can thank the FED for this and the looming problems with the economy. Now I hear they may actually lower interest rates to prop up the real estate market, this does wonders for inflation :(. I dont think we will see the prices drop in memory and other computer components.

There's other stores besides newegg. I hate that place after whoreing to UPS and jacking prices up of anything decent, gouging sometimes, and crazy shipping prices.

ZipZoomFly.com - Ships fedex free with almost every order and great resale rating
Mwave.com -Ships fedex saver cheap, and usualy is cheapest on CPU and motherboard combos
Ewiz- Best of them all when running a sale and excellent prices on all items. For example I got my silver WaveMaster for $92 which is $30 less than everyplace else!!! I got my opteron 144 for $110 when everyone else was $145+
Tankguys - Smaller selection but stocked with popular sellers and Great prices for California Residents who wish to aviod insane sales tax.

I think I hit all the A++ ones :)

For best prices on a single item check out www.pricegrabber.com

Marvelous said:
Prices go up and down... It' s called supply and demand...

Those prices are nothing compared to ram prices recently... They went up like 30-40% in price....

I noticed that also. I bought 2GB of Patriot mem for $180 couple weeks ago. now it is like $230.

it seems like demand is higher during this season? and supply can't keep up?
or
is it because of Core 2 Duo revolution?

I think it has something to do with core 2 duo... All the OEM systems are based on DDR2 now or the ram manufacturer playing puppet with us like they've done in the past...

As for 3800+ x2 939 I think they're getting rid of those processors/moving it to AM2 systems and not making them anymore hence the sharp rise in price....

tightline said:
There's other stores besides newegg. I hate that place after whoreing to UPS and jacking prices up of anything decent, gouging sometimes, and crazy shipping prices.

ZipZoomFly.com - Ships fedex free with almost every order and great resale rating
Mwave.com -Ships fedex saver cheap, and usualy is cheapest on CPU and motherboard combos
Ewiz- Best of them all when running a sale and excellent prices on all items. For example I got my silver WaveMaster for $92 which is $30 less than everyplace else!!! I got my opteron 144 for $110 when everyone else was $145+
Tankguys - Smaller selection but stocked with popular sellers and Great prices for California Residents who wish to aviod insane sales tax.

I think I hit all the A++ ones :)

For best prices on a single item check out www.pricegrabber.com

You have to add:
performancepcs.com (excellent service)
directron.com (Newegg size selection and no Cali tax)
to that list ;)

Don't forget the gradual creep up on prices as Christmas, that holiest of marketing opportunities, approaches. Prices generally get to what I call "Christmas-stupid" by about November or so. Either buy really soon, or wait til about February for prices to creep back down to near-normal.

Memory seems to be an exception to this rule lately.

Ub3rn00b said:
Yes I need the 3800 x2 939. The one you posted a link to is not the x2.
The x2 is actually 184 now on zipzoomfly.

It's 185 now on newegg but not in stock. It's been going up every week.

And the 4200 x2 is 183. Why the 4200 x2 would cost less than the 3800 x2 is beyond my level of knowledge. It IS a different core . The 3800x2 i was looking at was the Manchester core. Newegg doesn't have the 4200 x2 manchester listed anymore at all.

Because the skt 939 x2 3800+ is end-of-life and the skt939 x2 4200+ is not yet (it'll be soon though). Stores cannot order additional x2 3800+ anymore, while they are still taking delivery. Given that everybody and their grandmother appears to want to purchase the x2 3800+ it's just normal for the price to go up. If the 4200+ is cheaper, why not buy that then?!

Price fluctuation is natural - things like high demand, the switching of manufacturers from one type of memory to another, buyouts of manufacturers, natural disasters, and even political tension in the geographic area of the manufacturers impact pricing...
(example, most ram is made in S. Korea - the N.Korean actions impact the prices, as motherboard prices are impacted by China's actions towards Tiawan... just like oil speculation, prices in most every commodity are impacted by the world around them...)
The usual news is that prices will generally go down, as computer parts have a built in obsolescence - Example a 850 pro was a $400 card - now is less than $150 including taxes and shipping...

Back