Prices already dropped on AM2 and X2's!

can you imagine somebody out of the tech loop buying one of these before the cuts and then checking the price after the cuts.... they'd be like WTF? :eek:

wonder if you can buy a couple of these and then ebay em' right b4 the price cuts.

freaking... buyers..... remorse........ ugh...

look at that X2 4800+

I got a 4000+ at that price.. =(

Buying an X2 5000+ or maybe something with 1MB x2 next weekend for sure. ;)

when do you suppose newegg and all the other online stores will drop their prices?

to think, i bought my X2 3800+ for ~$300 jan/feb :) glad i sold that baby

~$163 is damn good

Anyone think these are going to drop a little more on the 24th, or later? I am looking at the 4600 at mwave ($242.05) and I remember reading that they were to drop to $224. Is that just an estimate or what?

Jordan1 said:
Anyone think these are going to drop a little more on the 24th, or later? I am looking at the 4600 at mwave ($242.05) and I remember reading that they were to drop to $224. Is that just an estimate or what?

Ditto on that...

already posted i believe. infact already posted twice.

Mods, make one of these sticky so people will stop repeating themselves lol.

Newegg is Newegg. of course there waiting. they might even go thru a big song and dance to get to those prices. There gonna be like "OMG MASSIVE OVERSTOCK ON ALL AMD PROCESSERS! GET EM AT AN AVERAGE OF 40% OFF (while everyone else is averaging 50%). THIS IS THE BEST DEAL YOULL FIND ANYWHERE!"

and people will b to intised to bother checking other sites. theyll just be like "Newegg FTW. ordered. im so smart :D" and then they go to zipzoomfly and are like. O.O wow there having a sale too. then Zipzoomfly actually does have a sale, and its like 30% the price a week ago. and the dudes all like O.O... hacks.....

lmao, that Opteron 165 price is horrible. Who wouldn't pay $10 to get 3 more multipliers and guaranteed clock speeds? :p

I can't wait until everyone with an X2 for sale in the FS/Trade forum see this. :D :D

firebyyrd said:
freaking... buyers..... remorse........ ugh...
QFT :( Seems like I just spent $350ish on this 4200+, now it's $175 :( So is the way of technology..

the monarch deals are good but arent they something like $20-$30 over the price of what they were supposed to be cut to?

mwave prices are alot closer to the price drop target. Plus monarch takes like 3-4 days just to ship things out.

When you factor in shipping, Monarch is really close to Mwave. Mwave wants $8.50 for 4-7 day ground shipping.

dfedders said:
When you factor in shipping, Monarch is really close to Mwave. Mwave wants $8.50 for 4-7 day ground shipping.
i'd wait the 2 days for ZZF's free shipping. they arent going to ship till monday anyways...

menlatin said:
mwave prices are alot closer to the price drop target. Plus monarch takes like 3-4 days just to ship things out.
But with Monarch's dirt cheap shipping it pretty much evens out. But like the gentleman above said..it will take them a while to actually ship. Never order from Monarch if you're impatient. ;)

ncix has some NICE prices for us guys north of the boarder

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core Processor S939 Manchester 2.2GHZ Retail - 229.98 CAD with FREE shipping for the whole order!

can you imagine somebody out of the tech loop buying one of these

That's me ;) Are these price drops permanent, or promotional? I'd appreciate any details if possible.

Surgeon, if I was gay, I'd kiss ya.... Hell, if I was drunk I'd kiss ya

TY for the heads up!

AdamNesvick said:
Surgeon, if I was gay, I'd kiss ya.... Hell, if I was drunk I'd kiss ya

TY for the heads up!

ROFL!

Pay it forward. I post on things im interested in and also to help people. I like to help, so all I ask is you do the same for someone else. Enjoy!

EDIT: And thanks :)

Damn, my system is a budget system now.

I paid $550.00 for my X2 4400 last october.
But hey, technology moves forward...........
:D

Ya'll think the retail stores like Fry's will drop the prices on Monday as well?

HAHA YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO EBAY!

-_- I must sell this thing before I upgrade. Damn.

To buy that 4600+ or not (I've been thinking about this for the past 2 dys now :( ).

What should I do? Wait till January and go for a new CPU/Memory/Board upgrade with Intel or take the 4600+ and hold out as long as humanely possible? Why can't I be one of those people that still have and love their Athlon XP's (if I had actually bought an XP)?

Going from this 3700+ to a possible quad core CPU would be really neat, but getting cheap dual core now would be awesome too. :confused:

Newegg had better drop prices tomorrow, I've just gotta figure out which ram to get now.

Back