[Price mistake] NEC MultiSync 40" LCD Monitor $107. You Save: $2,191.01 (95.30%)

It's eCost. Same shit happened with the MSI 5850 going for $169.

Sparknotes version: Basically they canceled everyone's orders and gave no reason to why. Some even filled a complaint with the BBB.

What's the worst that will happen? They'll just cancel the order and nothing will be charged to my card?

Will anything be charged to my card right after I place the order?

What's the worst that will happen? They'll just cancel the order and nothing will be charged to my card?

Will anything be charged to my card right after I place the order?

Your money will be unofficially taken out of your account. Basically, they claim that it is a hold to reserve their money.

There is absolutely no point in wasting your time entering your cc info and everything. They want your credit card info. Things like this happen frequently and they do it so you register your information into their website so that they can send ads and stuff to your email.

In for 3. I'm just going to use Bill Me Later because it's no payment no interest for 6 month on order over $250.

Yea, fuck it. I'm not gonna bother wasting my time with this shit knowing it's gonna get cancelled anyway.

Your money will be unofficially taken out of your account. Basically, they claim that it is a hold to reserve their money.

There is absolutely no point in wasting your time entering your cc info and everything. They want your credit card info. Things like this happen frequently and they do it so you register your information into their website so that they can send ads and stuff to your email.

Damn. Guess I'm too tired--didn't think about them just wanting to get my info. :/

i jumped on one.. might as well... if they cancel it they might send out coupons or convenience cards for the mistake who knows...

So just FYI: When a mistake like this happens, keep it to yourself if you want any chance of getting it. Sometimes stores will honor price mistakes. Most retailers do, if you find something on a shelf for a given price, they'll give you that price at the register (and then go change it). They can do that because they only get hit once or twice with it on an item before they get it changed.

So the same thing might happen online, depending on the store... But only if a few people order. If you go trumpeting it on every message board you know and thousands of people order, they have no choice but to cancel the orders. To do otherwise would be to lose money on such a scale as to maybe go out of business.

Thus, be smart about it if you want any hope at all of getting such a deal.

So just FYI: When a mistake like this happens, keep it to yourself if you want any chance of getting it. Sometimes stores will honor price mistakes. Most retailers do, if you find something on a shelf for a given price, they'll give you that price at the register (and then go change it). They can do that because they only get hit once or twice with it on an item before they get it changed.

So the same thing might happen online, depending on the store... But only if a few people order. If you go trumpeting it on every message board you know and thousands of people order, they have no choice but to cancel the orders. To do otherwise would be to lose money on such a scale as to maybe go out of business.

This.

I'm ready to post a very negative rating on reseller ratings when they inevitably cancel my order.

They deserve some kind of punishment for this. You know, I'm almost certain they do this intentionally as a strategy to draw attention to their shithole site.

I'm ready to post a very negative rating on reseller ratings when they inevitably cancel my order.

They deserve some kind of punishment for this. You know, I'm almost certain they do this intentionally as a strategy to draw attention to their shithole site.

Well, good to know you never make mistakes in your life, that you are always perfect.

What's that? You do make mistakes sometimes?

Well there you go then.

People like you who pull shit like this are a pain, because it makes it harder for the rest of us to determine if a site is really good or not. I go and see a rating of 3 and then have to determine is it because the place really has problems, or are they actually good but whiny people rated them down for irrelevant reasons, such as not honoring an obvious price mistake.

I might believe it was something to draw people in if the price was just a little too good, but still feasible, and they canceled it but this? They forgot to enter a digit. Should be 2107.99. It's a mistake, and everyone who isn't an idiot can see it.

Well, good to know you never make mistakes in your life, that you are always perfect.

What's that? You do make mistakes sometimes?

Well there you go then.

People like you who pull shit like this are a pain, because it makes it harder for the rest of us to determine if a site is really good or not. I go and see a rating of 3 and then have to determine is it because the place really has problems, or are they actually good but whiny people rated them down for irrelevant reasons, such as not honoring an obvious price mistake.

I might believe it was something to draw people in if the price was just a little too good, but still feasible, and they canceled it but this? They forgot to enter a digit. Should be 2107.99. It's a mistake, and everyone who isn't an idiot can see it.

AMEN

For those of you that ordered, please let us know when it is cancelled, so we can watch you have a temper-tantrum like a two year old...it is entertaining.

I am 99% sure it will get cancelled....but on the 1% chance it doesn't, i can laugh in the faces of everyone who didn't order :)

ANNNND there it is:

Dear Customer,

We have encountered a problem in processing your order #E******* and have had to CANCEL the item(s) listed below for the following reason:
OBS - Product no longer available from Manufacturer
We apologize for this inconvenience. No charges will be or have been processed to your credit card for these CANCELLED item(s).

Regards,
eCost.com

Obviously this was going to get canceled, so i did not bother to fall in this trap.
But one thing i was wondering is how a LCD display that is 40" can be classified as a "Monitor" when its resolution is only 1920x1080, shouldn't this be called a TV, without a tuner?

If this was truly a "Monitor" I would have expected it to have a higher pixel density and thus higher resolution, just like 30"+ monitors.

Still haven't gotten a cancellation email. Paid with paypal so well see what happens.

Obviously this was going to get canceled, so i did not bother to fall in this trap.
But one thing i was wondering is how a LCD display that is 40" can be classified as a "Monitor" when its resolution is only 1920x1080, shouldn't this be called a TV, without a tuner?

If this was truly a "Monitor" I would have expected it to have a higher pixel density and thus higher resolution, just like 30"+ monitors.

A monitor is just a tv without a tuner now. You see a lot of these in bars -- Chilis here has them. They have pretty awesomely thin bezels.

HAHA, same shit with these things all the time. Actually, since I started noticing these only a couple years ago people have really changed. Now people know its going to get cancelled and not to waste your time.

And people are making sense to the people who claim they will give bad reviews or contact BBB.

I always love the people who order multiple quantities, like "I'm in for 16".

Being that it is on slick deals also, they probably got like over 200+ orders for the monitor.

Some states will let you deny the sale no matter what, sorry. Some states FORCE the store to honor the advertised price, unless, it is an "obvious" pricing error.

This is an obvious pricing error... it won't be honored in any state, sorry. Like you said though, in some states, they are forced to honor that price and must go change it.

I'm just curious... anyone get a confirmation saying its at the warehouse ready to be shipped? I'm nervous to get another email now saying cancelled.

I'm just curious... anyone get a confirmation saying its at the warehouse ready to be shipped? I'm nervous to get another email now saying cancelled.

I got that email, still hasn't been canceled.

Hey, hey guys bitching at the bitchers. The deal has been up for over 8 hours and the price is still up now. I assure you they've gotten enough traffic to notice it by this point. Either they actually want to unload these very quickly for whatever reason, or they are intentionally trying to grab attention to their site. It's just been up way too long to be a simple pricing error.

Just saying, if someone rates the site down for a cancellation on this, it's not like it's illegitimate.

I don't think that is a pricing mistake, look at how thick that thing is.

It's eCost. Same shit happened with the MSI 5850 going for $169.

Sparknotes version: Basically they canceled everyone's orders and gave no reason to why. Some even filled a complaint with the BBB.

That would be because some people are morons. They canceled it because it was a pricing mistake.

Take this scenario but move it to a retail store setting, would the opinion of the people posting in this thread change?

Take this scenario but move it to a retail store setting, would the opinion of the people posting in this thread change?

I can recall countless times that I have been walking into a retail store, only to see a CORRECTION to an advertisement MISPRINT taped to the front door.

In those instances, the retail store doesn't honor the incorrect pricing either.

So tired of seeing the "wah, wah" bitchin' and cryin' when these pricing errors get canceled.
:rolleyes:

Back