Price Mistake? Kingston 160GB SSDNow (Intel X25-M SATA SSD) [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are not refurbs. Kingston just buys them from Intel and puts their name on it. There is no difference in performance, in fact the Kingston ones are actually more expensive currently because they are newer to the market.

I'm guessing that these will never ship out...

i guess its on ebay's buy.com store too. if you bought it now, they would have to honor the price- or else you get to leave them a little red mark lol

I tried to "Buy It Now" through eBay but you cannot complete the transaction:

"Important Message!
There was a problem receiving your eBay information to process your order. Please go to your "My eBay" unpaid transactions to try again."

Also, I don't think they would have to honor it even if you buy it over eBay:

From Buy.com eBay store Terms and Conditions:

"9. No Responsibility To Sell Mispriced Products Or Services. Buy shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for products and/or services listed at an incorrect price, rebate or refund, or containing any other incorrect information or typographical errors. Buy shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, Buy shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge."

buy.com's website wouldn't allow an order. oh well, always worth a try1! You never know when you'll get lucky.

Just another scam...er I mean price mistake from buy.com....
if I was in the market I might try and get one , but no sense in having my money tied up for weeks like every other time they had a scam...er I mean price mistake....

You cannot do the live cash back via ebay with buy.com

It has to be buy it now and it cannot direct you to another site unless they have changed the rules.

EDIT: Looks like it may work if you use paypal.

Last edited:
Can't get it to work through paypal, google checkout, or their site... just says their checkout is "under maintenance" :(.

Buy.com pulls this shit all the time for site hits and attention. Only about 2% of orders will ever ship, and I'm certain Buy.com makes up the profit loss with people making impulse buys on the random stuff they see when they happen to visit the website.

well, I bought one through Google checkout.

Fingers crossed, not gonna be pissed if it doesn't happen

well, I bought one through Google checkout.

Fingers crossed, not gonna be pissed if it doesn't happen
I don't know why I do this to myself though.

The problem is, now I'm looking at it at other sites, drooling over it, thinking about how fast it's gonna be.

Then when it doesn't happen, I'll be uber pissed, even though I told myself not to get pissed if it fails.

LOL havn't we learned by now that when a deal is to good to be true on buy.com, it is? Remember the $220 GTX 280's.

I've been leaning on the BIN button since about 11:30 without being able to complete the transaction through ebay or buy... I had 5 in my cart -- 8% off.... $325 each.... sell'm for $499.... cha ching!

I've been leaning on the BIN button since about 11:30 without being able to complete the transaction through ebay or buy... I had 5 in my cart -- 8% off.... $325 each.... sell'm for $499.... cha ching!
It's people like you that hurt the chances that the deal's going to work out

I think its a price mistake. $350 would be the right price for the 80GB version.
I'd give it a shot, would be a good gamble. But still can't order anything on buy.com now.

I bought one through Google Checkout. If they ship it, I'll have it for sale. ;)

It's people like you that hurt the chances that the deal's going to work out

LOL.. ya right. My 5 purchases are going to ruin it for everyone!

No, what ruins it for everyone is when idots call up and ask if there's a price mistake.

LOL.. ya right. My 5 purchases are going to ruin it for everyone!

No, what ruins it for everyone is when idots call up and ask if there's a price mistake.
you don't think it raises some red flags when suddenly people are buying expensive items in large quantities?

obviously it's not just you that's the problem, but anyone who buys multiple items in order to resell them

you don't think it raises some red flags when suddenly people are buying expensive items in large quantities?

obviously it's not just you that's the problem, but anyone who buys multiple items in order to resell them

5 is not a large quantity. I bought 4 vertex 120's for my own use... is that why the prices are going up now?

5 is not a large quantity. I bought 4 vertex 120's for my own use... is that why the prices are going up now?
Yeah that's exacly it.

Nationwide supply & demand is exactly the same as this one chance to buy one product from one retailer

If you can get one that cheap it's an amazing drive for the price! I love my X25-M's.

it's gone, tried to order through paypal a half hour ago and it gave me some error when i clicked to complete, but I just tried again and now and its gone altogether, dang it this would have gone in my laptop and my laptop drive in my ps3.

The eBay buy.com store problems were resolved, but when I try to pay it tells me:

"Important Message!
This item is no longer available for sale. We apologize for the inconvenience. Click here, to go back to eBay."

Screwed... but then again I doubt any of these will go out.

Yep. It shows "currently unavailable" when you add to cart. I wonder if I will get the one I ordered.

For 1/2 off the price anywhere else? From Buy.com? I doubt it... they are notorious for price mistakes but it's worth a shot!

Buy.com sent me an email with my order number. It says my order is in the shipping process. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back