FS : $40 / $65 bargain desktop PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
6/20/18 price drops on all listed, updated thread with prices
6/26/18 tablet has been sold

Hi guys. What I have this time around are some Mom/Grandma desktop PCs and a tablet for sale.

Feel free to shoot me your zipcodes for better shipping estimates, but I ran estimates going from TX to 90210 so that price should cover most of the continental USA.

So the PCs are nothing to get excited about, and are priced accordingly. But these are both fine for general office / web surfing / youtube etc.... in other words, perfect for Mom or Grandma. Both come with fresh Windows 10 installs. Both are low profile systems, so they can take a video card upgrade but it HAS to be LP / Low profile.

$40 : PC #1 is a Gateway SFF small desktop system, model SX 2855. Pentium dual core G320 (2.7ghz, Sandy Bridge), 6GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB SATA HDD. Clean keyboard & mouse in good condition. This is a nice and pretty small system, and has an HDMI port so you could use it for light HTPC stuff. No optical drive, but it has a place for one. Very quiet and clean, in very good condition. Clean install / activated Windows 10 home x64. Stock photo attached. Estimated shipping is $20 UPS ground (15 pounds, shipping estimate to 90210).

$65 : PC #2 is a HP / Compaq 6200 Pro SFF small desktop system. Intel i3-2100 dual core/HT (3.1ghz, Sandy Bridge, Hyperthreading), 8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SATA HDD, DVD+RW SATA optical drive. Clean keyboard & mouse in good condition. Clean install / activated Windows 10 PRO x64. This one has Displayport instead of HDMI (also has VGA), but you could buy an adapter from Amazon for under $10 to use on HDMI HDTV. Bigger than the Gateway, but still pretty small. I found a stock photo online and attached. This was a refurb off lease office system I got from Microcenter originally. In good condition. Estimated shipping is $25 UPS ground (21 pounds, shipping estimate to 90210)

**SOLD**
$45 : 8" Windows 10 tablet + bluetooth mouse. Ematic EWT826BK 8" Intel Quad-Core 32GB Windows 10 Tablet. Neat little windows tablet and has snap on keyboard that doubles as a screen cover. Great bright HD screen. I included a BT mouse I bought (that was $15 by itself). Shipping is $13 for USPS medium flat rate shipping. I bought this at Fry's on sale for $60 (regular price $100) not too long ago, and it is still in like new condition, plus you get a free BT mouse. I mainly used this as a remote desktop terminal to my other systems, and a web surfer/videos.

UPDATE 6/22/18 : This tablet is currently on sale at Frys right now for $69, this is your chance to get it for much less, plus a free BT mouse!

Specs:
8 inch IPS HD touchscreen 1280x800
1.3ghz quad core Intel Atom CPU
32GB flash memory storage
MicroSD slot for expandable storage
Built in Wifi 802.11 b/g/n
Front and Back built in cameras
Built in Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology

Feel free to ask any questions! The Tablet is already on ebay, I haven't put the PCs up there yet.

Heatware under Burticus, and I'm +400 feedback on ebay.

** all sold, thanks everyone! **

Attachments

• bluetooth mouse.JPG
    bluetooth mouse.JPG
    441.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ematic box 1.JPG
    ematic box 1.JPG
    552.5 KB · Views: 0
  • ematic box 2.JPG
    ematic box 2.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ematic tablet 1.JPG
    ematic tablet 1.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 0
  • HP 6200.jpg
    HP 6200.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 0
  • gateway pc.jpg
    gateway pc.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Does either system have a COA on it and if so, what for?

Does either system have a COA on it and if so, what for?

Yes, both for Win 7. I upgraded them to Win 10 using those keys.

edit - I didn't literally mean "upgrade". I meant to say "I did clean Windows 10 installs using those keys"

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for a decent low profile video card for either of my 2 desktop systems, the best you're going to find is probably the Geforce GTX 1050.

They are on Amazon for $150ish and don't require additional power, which is a good thing with the tiny OEM power supplies these desktops come with. Would likely make for decent 1080p gaming or great 720p.

Last edited:
Yes, both for Win 7. I upgraded them to Win 10 using those keys.

edit - I didn't literally mean "upgrade". I meant to say "I did clean Windows 10 installs using those keys"
Thank you for the reply. Is it 7 pro or home or enterprise? (I would be running w7 vs 10 on these if I got them and put them to work).

Thank you for the reply. Is it 7 pro or home or enterprise? (I would be running w7 vs 10 on these if I got them and put them to work).

The Gateway system was originally "W7 home", the HP was "W7 Pro". You could reinstall either as Win 7 if that is preferred but there would be a little driver hunting involved. Original media is long gone so that would all be your problem if you want to go that route.

The Gateway system was originally "W7 home", the HP was "W7 Pro". You could reinstall either as Win 7 if that is preferred but there would be a little driver hunting involved. Original media is long gone so that would all be your problem if you want to go that route.
Thank you. Yep, familiar with driver hunting, but both vendors are pretty good about having them on their web sites. (y) Just wanted to make sure the coa was for what I would need since I would need to rdp into the machines.

Ematic EWT826BK
Going to check with my wife on this. She likes to play Facebook games-this should be better than a smart phone, right? Is it touch screen, don't need to use the mouse?

Ematic EWT826BK
Going to check with my wife on this. She likes to play Facebook games-this should be better than a smart phone, right? Is it touch screen, don't need to use the mouse?

Yes it is a touch screen tablet. You don't have to use the keyboard or mouse. It runs Windows 10, so make sure whatever apps you want are on the windows store (or web based I guess in the event of FB). The mouse and keyboard come into play when you want to use it as a miniature laptop.

Sat bump. I'm a little shocked these haven't moved considering they sell $100+ as refurbs at Microcenter.

Maybe I should just keep the tablet to surf on at work. Hmmm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back