Prey Will Bring You More Aliens To Slaughter On May 5

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
I’m always up for a good sci-fi FPS, but can someone tell me if this has anything to do with the original Prey at all? That was a long time ago; all I remember is being a Native American dude who was upside down a lot and had a girlfriend who gets killed by aliens—and this kind of looks like a far cry from that. Heck, the pre-order image actually gives me a BioShock vibe (I must have played too much of that if anyone in a bubble-like helmet makes me think of a Big Daddy).

Bethesda Softworks announced Prey will debut on May 5 on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and the Windows PC. Bethesda, a division of ZeniMax Media, said that the next game from Arkane Studios will feature sci-fi combat aboard Talos I, an immense space station orbiting the moon in the year 2032. As main character Morgan Yu (yes, an Asian American character), you are the subject of an experiment that was supposed to alter humanity forever. But it has gone terribly wrong. The space station has been overrun by hostile aliens (who look like dark smoke rings), and they are now hunting you. As you dig into the dark secrets of Talos I and your own past, you must survive using the tools found on the station, your wits, weapons, and mind-bending abilities to defeat the Typhon alien threat.

Reminded me a bit of System Shock. If it gets decent reviews I'll probably end up getting it.

I rewatched the original trailer for Prey 2 (the cancelled one) and I definitely think that would have been a better alternative.

Nothing to do with the original at all. As it goes, they liked the name, and so decided to reuse it.

The original was great. You get abducted by aliens into a huge ship... its a great story and game. This seems a little duke nukem meets aliens/serious sam in space kind of crap... looks like it was developed for kids with ADD.

I like the story line this is pushing however those creatures seem lame to me.

Reminded me a bit of System Shock. If it gets decent reviews I'll probably end up getting it.

I rewatched the original trailer for Prey 2 (the cancelled one) and I definitely think that would have been a better alternative.

I agree I had interest in the first boot of prey 2 since it looked scary... this one looks a bit like a doom3 skin to me... I'm kind of passed that type of gaming .

I agree I had interest in the first boot of prey 2 since it looked scary... this one looks a bit like a doom3 skin to me... I'm kind of passed that type of gaming .

I think you're thinking of the wrong game, unless it's been cancelled more than once, which is entirely possible:

Looks alright, but not what I was expecting. Was really hoping this was prey 2 from seeing a trailer of it and a number of years ago.

They had such a great story line with the original, am not saying this does not look like fun but it’s such a shame to abandon the original, especially the way 1 ended

I think you're thinking of the wrong game, unless it's been cancelled more than once, which is entirely possible:

I thought there was some creepy vid steve posted once where the guy was picking off the skin on his face. Maybe that was just Steve's "my strange addiction" eating habbits. I forget.

After watching the new mass Effect trailer, I feel like i just went back in time 10 years.

Back