Prey Is $9.99

Been on the back burner to pick up on a good sale for a while, your post got me digging. Got a Day One Edition (comes with a few goodies) Steam key on G2A for under $9, be playing in a few... Thanks

a buddy of mine was one of the level designers of the game. I got the game when it came out to show some support and love. That game became one of my favorites. Visually I love the color scheme and I really liked the story. I have around 100 hours into it, and plan to put another 100 in it. I recently played it through with out killing any humans, and only using human abilities. Next time I play, I'll play it totally opposite. I absolutely got my moneys worth and hope they do a part 2.

I was tempted to jump on the steam sale this week for 15 bucks, but I'll take it for less. I'll prime it, and play in this weekend!

It's not like I have a lot of free time during this week, so a delay is fine. If Prey turns out to be better than the repetitive Dishonored series, then I'll have hope for Deathloop being a decent game.

Last edited:
There apparently is a monster in the game that they locked away. It doesn't spawn anymore because the AI around it caused it to go into corners of the map which would cause the game to crash. From what I understand, it was a really cool concept, but they ran out of time to polish that part of it.

I was tempted to jump on the steam sale this week for 15 bucks, but I'll take it for less. I'll prime it, and play in this weekend!

It's not like I have a lot of free time during this week, so a delay is fine. If Prey turns out to be better than the repetitive Dishonored series, then I'll have hope for Deathloop being a decent game.

It may not be your cup for tea, but for this System Shock junkie - it hit the right buttons. Not completely perfect, but the vibe of being on a station with all the madness going on is great. Oh, and a delightful ever-present background of messing with your mind, wondering what is really going on.

If you liked any *shock games, you'll probably enjoy it.

It may not be your cup for tea, but for this System Shock junkie - it hit the right buttons. Not completely perfect, but the vibe of being on a station with all the madness going on is great. Oh, and a delightful ever-present background of messing with your mind, wondering what is really going on.

If you liked any *shock games, you'll probably enjoy it.

I liked Eternal Darkness, so I'm always up for a "mess with your head" story line. The studio that created this hasn't impressed me with their previous work, so that's why I was on the fence.

I thought it was a satisfying game - a good mix of shoot-em-up, sneak-em-up, character development, puzzle solving, carrot chasing, and an open world that has enough plot to keep me thinking.

But I hated the DLC from the moon.

Oh man, that's awesome. I had no idea that the original Prey could still be purchased since it had been removed from Steam. Now if I could only find Wolfenstein (2009) I could fill both of those voids in my collection.

The new Prey is a great game, but they should have come up with a different title for it so that people who loved the original Prey didn't expect anything resembling a true sequel or remake of it. As PhaseNoise pointed out, it has more in common with System Shock than anything else IMO.

I thought it was a satisfying game - a good mix of shoot-em-up, sneak-em-up, character development, puzzle solving, carrot chasing, and an open world that has enough plot to keep me thinking.

But I hated the DLC from the moon.

Yeah, I did too! It was a completely different game in many respects, and that "Looper" style aspect didn't work for me at all.

I know many people love it, but I ricocheted off pretty significantly. It's neat, especially from a writing / thought experiment angle, don't get me wrong. But in terms of what *I* wanted to actually play - that was not it. I found it very frustrating, and mistakes are punished too harshly in terms of the time then required to redo things properly. So, I didn't.

From the base game: I still get the Semi Sacred Geometry song stuck in my head. From that part where you play the recording and Things Happen. That was a really exciting moment, and even had a soundtrack - built into the story!

Prey has one of the best UI's I've seen to date.
All the little things, for example like being able to use an item still on the ground without putting it into inventory first, or clicking individual buttons on a touch screen for input and not having to "enter" the screen first.

Very minor things, but well thought out and efficient.

I still haven't finished the game, I should get around to that!

Be sure to get ya a few mods! - Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics Mod Impressive difference, runs great on my Vega 64. I used the non-Reshade version, like to use my own Reshade tweaks.

Also
Prey Interface Customizer

Vanilla consolized version does not even have transparent glass on the green house...

22-1523370221-1608241937.png

With Mod

22-1523370192-342363521.png

Vanilla

22-1523369153-116067002.png

With Mod

22-1523369177-266234297.png

I picked it up. With my Gamer's Club thing it was $8.50 with tax... so, yeah.

Edit: and now I read the game pass thing :p. Researching though I knew about the 1 month and 3 month deals on that for xbox, which I was sort of interested in. eh..

Oh man, that's awesome. I had no idea that the original Prey could still be purchased since it had been removed from Steam. Now if I could only find Wolfenstein (2009) I could fill both of those voids in my collection.

The new Prey is a great game, but they should have come up with a different title for it so that people who loved the original Prey didn't expect anything resembling a true sequel or remake of it. As PhaseNoise pointed out, it has more in common with System Shock than anything else IMO.

Anyone whom may still have it in their inventory could sell it. Steam ended the ability to buy game and keep in inventory but, games that are in there still remain. if anyone still has it they'd get pretty penny for it though! I heard of a guy who may have a copy BUT, he has a peg leg and an eye patch.

The original prey was one of a kind. Prob one of the best games from back in the day as far as single player goes. Very underrated game.

The original prey was one of a kind. Prob one of the best games from back in the day as far as single player goes. Very underrated game.

and for only a few bucks on kinguin i bought an extra key for a friend. a group on steam is brining back multiplayer nights.

Back