Preview: Resident Evil 4 (GC) -> Some New Info

trilobyte

[H]ard|Gawd
*New Info at the Bottom of this Post*

It's 4am and I'm bored, and seeing how many people in here have JUST gotten a gamecube this Christmas, I thought I'd do a little reminder/preview of Resident Evil 4, slated for 2004 only for gamecube

Pics and E3 Trailer:
http://www.capcom.co.jp/bio4/

bio01.jpg

bio06.jpg

bio07.jpg

bio10.jpg

bio02.jpg

bio03.jpg

Unlike the past Resident Evil games on the Gamecube, this brand new sequel will feature full-realtime 3D backgrounds (instead of prerenders). This will enable a dynamic camera and new view angles including a first person view. Also, the control system will be revamped and updated (no more running into walls!)

story bits so far:
From IGN:
The story follows the return of Leon S. Kennedy as he's infected by the nasty Umbrella virus and confronted with an all-new breed of horrors. Kennedy totes a standard handgun, but this time players will also use a handheld flashlight to inspect their 3D surroundings as they take aim upon their prey. And while the game's camera is extremely dynamic and fixed like other RE titles, the trailer shows instances where the camera pulls in closely behind Leon and pans with him in every direction he aims. So players will not only get a better shot at their zombie victims, but they'll also get a brightly lit view of their ghastly surroundings.

Leaked Tidbits from farnham @ GS forums:
- The whole story will play in 2004...

Well Re2 was in 1999(game timeline) so all the characters will be 5 years older..(Well that little girl Cherie must be a full grown lady by now..)

And I think Capcom will release a game that plays between 1999~2004(There was a rumored RE gaiden for GC)

Well.. some rumors say that the game is mainly on a Mountain... that means you`re struggling for survival in woods and rocks to escape from the zombies.. It is also rumored that the place is sheena island..(You see that name in RE0)
which will be some kind of Island with a mountain on it...

Its also rumored that you are a zombie yourself.. well infested to be exact... you will see illusions (in the E3 video you see a shadow monster... and a Deer head that was moving around... and this should be a illusion since resident evil is not a ghost story...)

About controls it is rumored that RE will use the C-stick for cameras.. and since its full-poligon it will use the DMC control system

artwork:
bio.jpg

looks very nice

id actually rent a gamecube to play this even though ive never used a gamecube before.

Originally posted by trilobyte
Unlike the past Resident Evil games on the Gamecube, this brand new sequel will feature full-realtime 3D backgrounds (instead of prerenders). This will enable a dynamic camera and new view angles including a first person view. Also, the control system will be revamped and updated (no more running into walls!)

About time. I really see this making the game ten times better.

btw for those with HDTVs....

Resident Evil 4 will support PROGRESSIVE SCANING!!!!!

YAY!!! Finally. The other 4 games didnt. No freakin reason why they couldnt do it.... Genma Onimusha supports 480p on Xbox and it has prerendered backgrounds....

they should be ashamed, RE0 is such a pretty game, could of been sooooooo much better... damn capcom...

oh well, can not wait for RE4, 2 was the shit.

Originally posted by ThreeDee
..cant wait for the PC port ...yay!

never gonna happen.
As for the game, this one looks awsome. I was dissapointed by the remake of RE for the cube, but I have high hopes for this title.

Back