Preventing Printer from Installing

Flapjack

2[H]4U
Hey everyone.

I have a Kodak PD6000 printer dock I use with my Kodak camera. For some reason (maybe because of roaming profiles, it keeps setting itself to "default". It's only a 4x6 thermal printer, so obviously I don't use it for day-to-day printing.

If I delete it, it comes right back. I only use for data transfer from the camera and the occasional print job.

I would like to either delete it (because I can print directly from the camera), or ensure it no longer sets itself to "default", while still keeping it connected so I can transfer pictures.

Any ideas?

I'm sorry "Default" what? In Device manager? You're on a domain? (Roaming Profiles)

Help us out here and we'll come up with something :)

Yes, I'm on my own domain, set up with roaming profiles and folder redirection.

The printer installs in the normal printer area under Control Panel, just as if I had added it. I can delete it, but it'll come right back.

Also, the Event Viewer on my DC has a billion printer entries. Mostly about deleting and adding printer and deleting printer, and a few updated driver messages. It seems as if the DC is finding all the printers on the network, and sharing them or something.

That is also something I'd like to disable. I'd rather just share them out the old fashioned way.

By the way, the OS on the DC is Win2k3, if that helps.....

Back