Prevent windows from shutting down ?

Jason.10

n00b
My desktop pc running Win 10 keeps shutting down randomly by itself, i suspect its windows update but the weird thing is i dont have this problem on my two other laptops. Im considering to turn off windows update in services settings.

Is there anything i can do to prevent these random shuts downs ? Or at least see the reason for last shut down ?
It would be nice if there is way to force restart windows incase it shuts down.
I use my desktop as a server when im traveling so it is really annoying when im not at home and the PC is shut down.

My desktop pc running Win 10 keeps shutting down randomly by itself, i suspect its windows update but the weird thing is i dont have this problem on my two other laptops. Im considering to turn off windows update in services settings.

Is there anything i can do to prevent these random shuts downs ? Or at least see the reason for last shut down ?
It would be nice if there is way to force restart windows incase it shuts down.
I use my desktop as a server when im traveling so it is really annoying when im not at home and the PC is shut down.
When you say "shutting down" - does the system do a full boot where it's not just locked when you turn it back on?

If it's actually shutting down and not just hibernating, I'd start by checking event viewer's System log to see if you get any messages about the previous power outage being unexpected.

This never happened back in the day when computers had 'real' power switches--just saying...

most psu's have a hard switch on them and windows update won't shutdown a system it will reboot it. op needs to give more info, ie; powering off or restarting and whats going on when it happens.

most psu's have a hard switch on them...
I've seen a lot of older ones without them--good to know switches are making a comeback. (y) I have a few ps with switches, and they're very handy when having to add/remove components.

shitty OEM psus don't always have a switch but any decent third party psu will

shitty OEM psus don't always have a switch but any decent third party psu will

I've seen some pretty high end PSU's without power switches, reasonable brands also.

You've gotta wonder just how much money they really save by deleting the power isolation switch?!

I've seen some pretty high end PSU's without power switches, reasonable brands also.

You've gotta wonder just how much money they really save by deleting the power isolation switch?!
Bummer. So it still varies. Oh well, one more spec to check for. :whistle:

You'd think you'd be looking for a way to prevent Windows from starting, not shutting down :D

Back