Pretty Warm: XFX RS RX480 4gb $160 NO REBATE @ NEWEGG EBAY

The fan assembly appears to be the same as the model reviewed here:

Does anyone happen to know if the rest of the heatsink assembly is the same? According to the video review, the cooler did an awesome job of keeping the card at a great operating temperature without making too much noise.

Does anyone happen to know if the rest of the heatsink assembly is the same? According to the video review, the cooler did an awesome job of keeping the card at a great operating temperature without making too much noise.

Should be the same, I have a 8GB version and the 4GB heatsink looks the same.

Mine is super quiet, I don't ever hear it running honestly.

GTR and RS series are different. Just uses the same fans. Expect better cooling performance on the GTR version. RS it still acceptable and way better than reference cooling.

Warm? I think its pretty hot. I haven't been watching very closely, but its the best price on a 480 I've seen yet (not counting rebates).

Pretty tempting. My daughter is getting more into more strenuous gaming and her GTX 950 is begging for mercy. I think this would be a perfect upgrade for her. She only has a Corsair CS450M PSU, but I am pretty sure it should be adequate considering there is not overclocking going on in her rig.

GTR and RS series are different. Just uses the same fans. Expect better cooling performance on the GTR version. RS it still acceptable and way better than reference cooling.

According to their website both utilize the same heatsink :p

GTR has a longer PCB and shroud. RS has heatpipes exposed out the side and shorter PCB. Still a great deal on this card. I picked one up. I'm going to try and sent in the rebate too.

GTR has a longer PCB and shroud. RS has heatpipes exposed out the side and shorter PCB. Still a great deal on this card. I picked one up. I'm going to try and sent in the rebate too.

I see what you're saying.

Temps on the RS isn't bad for anyone who may be concerned. I've had mine for about 5 months now and have not had a single issue. You get 3 years warranty too.

I'm waiting to see if we can get the 8GB models at prices like this once Vega comes out and the 480's get a re-brand a minor upgrade (maybe?) to the 580 name.

Back