Pretty Warm: S.T.A.L.K.E.R $28.99 at Fry's B&M

CompuDrew

[H]F Junkie
As title says, S.T.A.L.K.E.R $28.99 at Fry's B&M.

Sale is good through Sunday 3/25.

I've only played about 2 hours of it, but it's a fun game.

IS it me or is this game bugged as hell on vista? I crash when saving games, I crash when loading maps, and the performance is not consistent, actually aside resolution settings everything else seems to be broken and the sound is 2 channels only I think. Just kinds of a heads up for those with vista and nvidia cards. Actually if I'm not mistaken, vista is not supported. Otherwise the game has huge potential, thing is, if a game took this long to make, should it really be this bugged? and people say this is like oblivion. It's not. Oblivion is hugely unrestricted compared to this game where there's all kinds of barriers that just don't let you go where you want to go, you feel like you're forced to a specific path. For $29 it is a good buy if you're on win xp, I paid $39 for it the day it came out. Since the game's engine is kinda outdated you won't need an 8800gtx to run it fine. If it were bug free I'd give this game a 8 out of 10.

I've been debating whether or not to get this for the last few hours... hmm...

I picked one up yesterday. It's quite fun to play and run pretty decent on my midrange level system. IMO, it's like a combination of Fallout and Oblivion. AI is pretty sweet too, as your enemies will take cover. or retreat when they take too many casualties.

Yesterday the online price was also $30 or a little less, but you are right, they did bump up the price as of today.

IS it me or is this game bugged as hell on vista? I crash when saving games, I crash when loading maps, and the performance is not consistent, actually aside resolution settings everything else seems to be broken and the sound is 2 channels only I think. Just kinds of a heads up for those with vista and nvidia cards. Actually if I'm not mistaken, vista is not supported. Otherwise the game has huge potential, thing is, if a game took this long to make, should it really be this bugged? and people say this is like oblivion. It's not. Oblivion is hugely unrestricted compared to this game where there's all kinds of barriers that just don't let you go where you want to go, you feel like you're forced to a specific path. For $29 it is a good buy if you're on win xp, I paid $39 for it the day it came out. Since the game's engine is kinda outdated you won't need an 8800gtx to run it fine. If it were bug free I'd give this game a 8 out of 10.

This is the [H]ot Deals section, not YOUR RANTS section. Please act appropriately.

The Price is not $33.99 online, its it $248.99 in-store?

it was 28.99 yesterday at fry's it might have changed today? as they update their online on saturday's usually

Back