Pretty Warm: NewEgg Rosewill Cables

officermartinez

[H]ard|Gawd
Got the latest email from Newegg and wanted to pass on this info. 30% off ALL Rosewill A/V cables using PROMO CODE: EMCJHKJ89

I picked myself up (2) HDMI 10.2 Gbps Pellucid HD Series Rosewill cables for a whopping $6.99.. LOL.

Untitled.jpg

This is pretty much the same as Monoprice's normal price for 6ft HDMI cables, but the free shipping at Newegg makes these a better deal.....but I'd still go with Monoprice due to the lifetime warranty. It looks like the warranty on the Rosewill cables is only 1 year.

In CA with tax & shipping included, for 2 6ft cables:
Monoprice: $12.44
Newegg: $10.70

So I'd basically be paying $1.74 for the lifetime warranty.

The problemm with monoprices lifetime warranty is even if your cable breaks it is cheaper to buy a new one than to ship it back to them. This is why they have a lifetime warranty because they know no one will ship it back. In fact I have had things that were even brand new I had a problem with but it still cost more than the item to ship it back so I just threw it in the trash.

Not to knock monoprice I love them but that is more because it is so cheap and good that I do not need to bother with a warranty on most items.

The problemm with monoprices lifetime warranty is even if your cable breaks it is cheaper to buy a new one than to ship it back to them. This is why they have a lifetime warranty because they know no one will ship it back. In fact I have had things that were even brand new I had a problem with but it still cost more than the item to ship it back so I just threw it in the trash.

Not to knock monoprice I love them but that is more because it is so cheap and good that I do not need to bother with a warranty on most items.

Good point, that didn't occur to me.

I loved Monoprice at one point but then Amazon started stocking a lot of the same items and with Prime the shipping is free. Monoprice shipping is generally more than purchasing from Amazon with sales tax and free shipping so Amazon generally wins when I can source the item from both stores. Monoprice shipping charges can be downright horrendous at times depending on the item.

Glad everyone seems to be snagging some extra cables.. which has left me wondering. Maybe I should have bought more than TWO cables.. LOL!

If i didn't already purchase 10 10ft HDMI cables from 1saleaday a couple weeks ago for 1$ each i would bite this but im set for a while now :D

It's NOT the same cable (regardless of price). Pay a little closer attention to the fine print.. The Link Depot ones only move about 1/2 of the bandwidth compared to the Rosewill cables..

Supports uncompressed audio/video signals
Fully HDCP compliant to Provide highest level of signal quality
Supports multiple audio formats, from stereo to multi-channel sound
Perfect for both high-definition video and standard video formats.
Shielded for maximum protection from RFI and EMI interference
Transfer rate up to 5 Gbps

The Rosewill cables..

Supports High Speed 10.2 Gbps at 340 MHz
Supports Sony Playstation3, XBOX, Blu-ray, DVD/ Blu-ray recorder, digital cameras, video cameras, home theatre system and others.
Supports 480i/p, 720i/p, 1080i/p, 1440p or higher.
Compliant UL listed triple shields, make sure to prevent the EMI/RFI inferences best performance

Nice. My new 60" plasma just showed up and these will do nicely. TYVM

you can get 6ft gold plated 1.4 hdmi cables all the time for $1 or $2 shipped. just keep an eye on slickdeals they come up at least once a week.

heh.. After picking up 5 the last time HDMI cables were .99 with free shipping this is not hot at all.

Back