Presler @ 6.2GHz stable!!!

That isn't stable....stable is priming for at least 8 hours. That is just windows bootable.

Erasmus354 said:
That isn't stable....stable is priming for at least 8 hours. That is just windows bootable.

Even windows bootable, 6.2ghz is alot dude.

Erasmus354 said:

24+ hours is stable. I've seen systems crash at 20 hours. This is quite a bit more stable than "windows bootable".

I think I just missed the logic train.... but why do people care these days about frequency speeds?

Ockie said:
I think I just missed the logic train.... but why do people care these days about frequency speeds?

6.2ghz just might out perform 3.4ghz.

There is hope.

YARDofSTUF said:
6.2ghz just might out perform 3.4ghz.

There is hope.

Well this is no war where one soldier can save the rest.... one processor is a drop in the bucket AFAIK... no real hope other than a crazy guy wanting to burn something (wallet or processor).

J32P2006 said:
that's crazy
lp_indeed.jpg

Ok are we missing something here. What are these processor, and how the hell they overclock so high? :confused:

Ockie said:
Well this is no war where one soldier can save the rest.... one processor is a drop in the bucket AFAIK... no real hope other than a crazy guy wanting to burn something (wallet or processor).

Well ya, you need to be half crazy and half insane to do it. But for people that are, they can get some jkick ass benchmarks, until they need to reboot adn refill the cooling solution. lol

annaconda said:
Ok are we missing something here. What are these processor, and how the hell they overclock so high? :confused:
Prescotts and Preslers. 90nm and 65nm P4s. They overclock so high with liquid nitrogen cooling them.

RavenD said:
Prescotts and Preslers. 90nm and 65nm P4s. They overclock so high with liquid nitrogen cooling them.

What they getting to run these cpu's at on regular 24/7 vapochill systems ?

Anyone know.

Lestat0521 said:
Can we even verify that is a legit cpu-z screen?
No, but if you go to the XS link posted above you can see some legit CPU-Z screens at 7ghz. The problem is, screenshots are about the only thing systems like this can do, not to mention their LN2 runs out and all the fun is over. Also, when they're benchmarking these cpus at voltages close to 3v, their life spans are significantly decreased.
Again, to reiterate, "CPU-Z screen shot != stable".

I could give a shit about things like this. If you cant use it every day who in the hell cares???

And being Prime stable does not mean shit. Like your ever going to use your cpu at 100% for hours on end... :rolleyes:

Absolutely amazing. I wonder how big the margin of improvement is for their benchmarks? :cool:

2Fresh said:
And being Prime stable does not mean shit. Like your ever going to use your cpu at 100% for hours on end... :rolleyes:
I run my P4 at 100% load on a consistent basis, as do many others.

2Fresh said:
I could give a shit about things like this. If you cant use it every day who in the hell cares???

So your admitting that your 3.2 gig machine CANNOT run prime for 8 hours?

While there are varying levels of what is deemed to be "stable"...everybody here has to admit that a Presler booting into windows even stable enough for a screenshot is a nicea$$ fricken clock and an awsome accomplishment.

It's a good thing that this thread is here, because I gaurantee that if this was XS half these people would have already been flamed to hell and back. :p This isn't the nicest clock that's been hit with one of these 955XE's...ah to have money. :rolleyes: :p

movax said:
I run my P4 at 100% load on a consistent basis, as do many others.

Thats nice.

vexter said:
So your admitting that your 3.2 gig machine CANNOT run prime for 8 hours?

I have never ran it, so i am not amitting anything. I dont see the point. I run games for hours and do anything else I want with no problems. Some people think it is a must, I dont. As long as I can run what I want and never have a problem...no point.

I base my oc stability on what I run. I run what I want with no probs.

2Fresh said:

it's obvious that you're not within the same train/school of thought as many of the hardcore overclockers around here and XS. These kinds of things do mean quite a bit to some people (including myself) and just because you don't agree, doesn't mean that these things don't mean $hit.

Everyone is valid to their own opinion and preferences...but it's when some people blindly slam other peopls beliefs and thought processes that it gets ugly.

Even though the two of us are VERY different I do value your opinion...but try to keep some of your vulgur comments to yourself, and not to be as close-minded towards things like this.

If you want to run it, do. I could care less. As I said...If I can run anything I want hours on end...that is fine enough for me....that is my school of thought.

And who am I slamming??

2Fresh said:
Some people think it is a must, I dont. As long as I can run what I want and never have a problem...no point.

I base my oc stability on what I run. I run what I want with no probs.

That is a very valid point and approach...but it's still not fair to say that there's "no point". Depending on what someone actually uses their computer for...more or less stability may be required, and different standards are introduced. Personally, I've gamed for hours on some overclocks and never had issues, but then ran into stability issues when doing a long render in Maya overnight...so for me...it is often important to know that my processor COULD run for 12 hours straight at 100% full usage.

Personally though, I only test for enough stability FOR my benchmarks. Because SuperPi 32M is the longest benchmark I'll ever run, if my system is stable enough to run SuperPi 32M and all i'm gonna be doing is benching then I'm good to go.

All personal opinions of course...just try to keep the opinions and comments clean bro.

I am not going to get into it with you, all it does is cause both of us problems.

Use Prime if you want, that is your choice. I am just saying it is not a must.

I was not slamming anyone. I just dont see how it is so great he hit 6Ghz..I mean, yeah..wow...6Ghz, but being able to do nothing with (except pop into win and hurry and snap a screenie) it makes it kinda pointless. I dont see how stating that is slamming a person.

2Fresh said:
I am not going to get into it with you, all it does is cause both of us problems.

Use Prime if you want, that is your choice. I am just saying it is not a must.

I was not slamming anyone. I just dont see how it is so great he hit 6Ghz..I mean, yeah..wow...6Ghz, but being able to do nothing with (except pop into win and hurry and snap a screenie) it makes it kinda pointless. I dont see how stating that is slamming a person.

That's perfectly fair, I don't want to get into any arguements either, we just have different viewpoints...which is perfectly natural.

It's just nice to see these clocks because it takes a great deal of luck and skill to get there, and some of these milestones are just fun to pass. The most key point i suppose is that a 6.7GHz Presler will/should still be able to run benchmarks and be moderately stable at a VERY nice clock.

I didn't understand the obsession myself, but some people just get stuck...and I was one of 'em. :p

Back