President Will Help China’s ZTE “Get Back into Business”

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The President tweeted today that he is working with Chinese President Xi Jinping and the US Commerce Department on getting ZTE back into business. The Chinese phonemaker was forced to cease all operations after the latter banned American supplies to its business.

“Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!” Trump wrote on Twitter, saying he is working with Chinese President Xi Jinping on a solution. The ban is the result of ZTE’s failure to comply with an agreement with the U.S. government after it pleaded guilty last year to conspiring to violate U.S. sanctions by illegally shipping U.S. goods and technology to Iran, the Commerce Department said.

Hmm, this was a weird thing that happened... Can't see any truth about motivations... I know US chips will be supplanted within some years, same as it happened with super computers, showing the Chinese jow unreliable we are will only exacerbate matters I guess.

I hate xenophobia in the guise of "national security".

so zte shipped some telecom shit to iran? And now US politicians are calling for a permaban against ZTE for national security reasons.

Surprised [H] didn't cover the ban when it was announced a few weeks ago, either that or I just didn't see it posted.
Coarse I have to look into why the US don't want companies dealing with Iran or whatever the case may be, haven't watched/read news about the issue.

US politicians are worried they can be spied on by ZTE and Huawei.

I can't think of exactly how they would do that. Are they afraid zte and huawei will put backdoors on their phones? Politicians don't buy zte and huawei anyway

I can't think of exactly how they would do that. Are they afraid zte and huawei will put backdoors on their phones? Politicians don't buy zte and huawei anyway

To late for the uk since our entire internet infrastructure is running on chinese secret services huawei kit.

so zte shipped some telecom shit to iran? And now US politicians are calling for a permaban against ZTE for national security reasons.
They ' did business' with Iran, and didn't fire certain people they were supposed to, is the official line, which reads like complete public consumption bullshit. Don't know what is the benefit/damage ratio for the US... China already said they are pushing further to not just manufacture, but to create and produce technologies to go in par or surpass the US... I think they can and will, how is that going to pan out in terms of us vs them, who knows... Typing this in a Huawei device, it works very well so far.

Too many jobs in China lost.

Since when is he President of China? That doesn't seem like it should be a priority issue for him.

Pick a direction. Either you want sanctions on Iran (pulling out of the deal), or you want to help China. You can't have sanctions be respected if you're just going to reverse course on them when someone violates them.

Reactions: DF-1
like this
Since when is he President of China? That doesn't seem like it should be a priority issue for him.

Pick a direction. Either you want sanctions on Iran (pulling out of the deal), or you want to help China. You can't have sanctions be respected if you're just going to reverse course on them when someone violates them.

T Man is going to do big business in China, couple years..$$T$

Huawei does a lot more than phones.

LOL the spin. gotta help the poor chinese with their jobs. I suppose a year from now we will find out which of the dumb and dumber group is getting paid off, because like that is how things work now that the swamp is drained

Last edited:
North Korea much?
I'd be willing to bet this is tit for tat considering China's role in the recent North Korea win.

North Korea much?
I'd be willing to bet this is tit for tat considering China's role in the recent North Korea win.

no, trump explicitly bragged about how he did not pay for their release, and everything he says is god's truth. once he saw them though he realized they were immigrants and will need to be deported...

Political corruption at it's finest. It's sad to see the US decaying right in front of my eyes, I wonder what shape it'll be in the next 50 years...

I hate millennial dumbshit words like... xenophobia...

WTF ???

too many jobs lost.. in china??

there is certainly a game going on here, and im guessing best korea plays into it somehow... just what the game is.. we shall see

So they broke export compliance laws, were fined and told to take action against the offending employees, and then were found to have not taken those actions. Why the fuck are we giving them a break on this? Commander in Cheetos making this country look weak yet again.

So they broke export compliance laws, were fined and told to take action against the offending employees, and then were found to have not taken those actions. Why the fuck are we giving them a break on this? Commander in Cheetos making this country look weak yet again.
' cause selective enforcement?

"You're banned. But one check to my personal attorney and bada bing you're unbanned and we clear the whole thing up. So whatsit gonna be? Banned? Unbanned? Yes? No? Need a minute?"

Ask the audience

50/50

Phone a friend

Back