President-Elect Meets With Silicon Valley Elite

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if either side wants to challenge the legitimacy of the system, it cannot be allowed to be done by the loser.
Yup, and Hillary has been in the government for decades, and could have challenged the electoral college system at any point. You don't wait to question the rules of the game after you lost, and especially want to change the rules of the game after the fact to change the outcome, lol!

But "legitimacy" is what its all about.

They know they can't change the outcome, but they are attempting to tarnish the legitimacy of the government, because they aren't a part of it. Which is ironic, considering how when they were sure they were going to win, that they specifically said that anyone that questions the results of the election is Unamerican and deplorable... *insert foot in mouth*

Which is ironic, considering how when they were sure they were going to win, that they specifically said that anyone that questions the results of the election is Unamerican and deplorable... *insert foot in mouth*

Exactly, I specifically remember Obama saying it was Unamerican to challenge the results of the election. Now this. LOL. What a bunch of sore losers.

I for the most part consider myself a Democrat, but "regressive leftie"? WTF is with all these crazy new labels? Is calling people Liberals not enough anymore?

The white supremacists are getting really pissed off that they are being referred to as what they really are, which is why you're seeing so much name-calling here.

The white supremacists are getting really pissed off that they are being referred to as what they really are, which is why you're seeing so much name-calling here.

Says the person who just labeled a bunch of people as "white supremacists"... Hypocracy much? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. In short, this is exactly why there is so much aggression and disparity amongst people today. Everyone has an opinion and nobody shows any respect for opinions other than their own. There is so much butt hurt going on that it makes my head hurt. Time for most of America to grow up and get over themselves.

Ah, screw it, what is the point in letting a jerk get a rise out of me. Just glad the President Elect is taking a proactive stance in getting things done, unlike the sitting president who only seems to care about his "legacy".

Did you even bother reading the other posters response or are you just trying to get a rise out of folks because you lost?

Last edited:
Says the person who just labeled a bunch of people as "white supremacists"... Hypocracy much? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. In short, this is exactly why there is so much aggression and disparity amongst people today. Everyone has an opinion and nobody shows any respect for opinions other than their own. There is so much butt hurt going on that it makes my head hurt. Time for most of America to grow up and get over themselves.

I am not under any obligation to respect the views of fascists. Trump's platform meets the definition of fascism. If you support Trump, you are supporting fascism.

I am not under any obligation to respect the views of fascists. Trump's platform meets the definition of fascism. If you support Trump, you are supporting fascism.

Cool, I am deplorable fascist, thanks, I appreciate it. :D Took one right out the playbook I see, excellent.

Edit: Is this what we get when everyone gets a trophy?

Cool, I am deplorable fascist, thanks, I appreciate it. :D Took one right out the playbook I see, excellent.

Edit: Is this what we get when everyone gets a trophy?

I realize that reading comprehension isn't exactly among the foremost talents of Trumphumpers but you would do well to study up on fascism.

From what I've seen, deplorable is an accurate appellation. Hillary Clinton supporters didn't shoot up a pizza place because of some bullshit conspiracy theory by Alex Jones. They aren't attempting to cause Trump supporters to have epileptic seizures. They didn't go around yelling racial epithets and death threats at their rallies like Trumphumpers did.

So your argument is that the people who voted for Trump including black people are white supremacist? Got it.

The correct term is Uncle Tom.

I realize that reading comprehension isn't exactly among the foremost talents of Trumphumpers but you would do well to study up on fascism.

From what I've seen, deplorable is an accurate appellation. Hillary Clinton supporters didn't shoot up a pizza place because of some bullshit conspiracy theory by Alex Jones. They aren't attempting to cause Trump supporters to have epileptic seizures. They didn't go around yelling racial epithets and death threats at their rallies like Trumphumpers did.

Oh, I can comprehend reading just fine, just not your writing is all. So I am deplorable, no biggie, you still lost. :)

Well, Hillary supporters did trash San Francisco, which is extremely liberal. They also attacked Trump supporters at a number of events. I'm sure you recall the guy hit in the face with a sack of rocks on live TV. And now one rich guy is throwing a temper tantrum and wants CA to leave the US because the rest of the country is not a fan of poor illegals flooding in, but he is. Then turns around and says he believes a separate California should enforce immigration. So what is the point of leaving again? I'm getting fairly tired of the pro-illegal immigration lobby, especially in this state. Even Canada wants to enforce its southern border with the US so they keep their own Canadian identity. And they're much more similar to the US than Mexico/Guatemala/ect. But for some reason in CA, you can't want immigration standards because that is evil. Or something.

Make America Great Again? When exactly was that time where America was great but isn't now? I'm constantly accused around here of living in the past. The most ironic thing about that criticism is that I'd have the least reason compared to the majority of the folks here to want live in the past. Avoiding 10 to 20 years before I was born was YUGE for me. I get accused of so much BS around here on this issue but I know beyond any shadow of any doubt no one on this forum including me would have put up with my parents lived through.

Make America Great Again? When exactly was that time where America was great but isn't now? I'm constantly accused around here of living in the past. The most ironic thing about that criticism is that I'd have the least reason compared to the majority of the folks here to want live in the past. Avoiding 10 to 20 years before I was born was YUGE for me. I get accused of so much BS around here on this issue but I know beyond any shadow of any doubt no one on this forum including me would have put up with my parents lived through.

No kidding. I am a 67 year old Jewish worker . I was a veteran of class warfare all my adult life. I became a communist on my 21 st birthday after huge struggles I helped organize at Stony Brook University against racism and the Vietnam War. I then spent the next 45 years fighting all forms of racism , including racist police terror in my native Brooklyn. I am married to fantastic Black Guyanese woman and have a great son and lovely step-daughter and a bright 4 year old grand daughter all of whom are Black. I have marched on many a police precinct protesting racist murders by NYPD assassins of unarmed Black working class youth. I have organized for over 30 years in Brooklyn hospitals and led several militant work actions on my job. Of course I paid a price for all this. Arrested many times and when I was at Stony Brook I did a 7 month stretch after we seized the mainframe computers on the campus to protest weapons research during the Vietnam War. Never have I turned the other cheek. My hospital bosses 5 years ago harassed me to the point that I had a heart attack. That was in retaliation for a petition I circulated to get my department boss fired for age and race discrimination after he had fired 4 Black and Latin xray techs on trumped up charges so they could replace them with newbies out of school for $10 less an hour. I came back from that heart attack and 9 months later led a work slowdown and confrontation with our bosses when they attempted to reduce our lunch hour from an hour to a half hour. That was 10 days before I retired. Three of my coworkers verbally confronted the bosses after I spoke just before we launched the slowdown. In 2 hours the bosses folded and we won. It took years to build that unity and the right spark to set the prairie fire. There will be many violent struggles over the next 3-4 years. The US and much of the industrial world is moving toward fascism. This is no accident. It signals the desperation of the ruling class as their rate of profit continues to fall. Inter-imperialist rivalries are sharpening among the capitalist super powers. The US vs. Russia and China for control of strategic resources and cheap labor. Racism is key to this move towards war and fascism. Whether it was Clinton or Trump these events would be unfolding, but somewhat more quickly with Trump. One third of all profits made by Wall Street come from the lower wages paid to Black, Latin, and Asian workers . So racism will be intensified to try to increase their falling profits and finance the coming world war. The workers of all nations have no stake in fighting for their bosses in this bloody conflict . We need to build a mass revolutionary movement of our class so that we can turn this coming disastrous world war into a fight for an egalitarian world free of racism, sexism, war, poverty, and disease that is caused by these parasitic bastards. I belong to a group called the Progressive Labor Party. We grew out of the Vietnam War and ghetto rebellions of the 60's and we are now in 28 countries on 5 continents. We are very active here in Brooklyn, Bronx, as well as Chicago, LA. SF. and a few other cities. Our leadership is multiracial, young, more than half our leaders are Black and Latin. We will rise and win millions here to embrace revolutionary egalitarian communism . We have evolved our politics from the old communists and we have shed their disastrous practices while embracing the good they did. That all came from our experiences in organizing. Revolution is a science not some half-baked mysticism or dogma. We are unique on the Left and I believe it will take many years, but our class will triumph. See www.plp.org By the way my co-workers threw a retirement party a week before I retired in May, 2012, 29 people came including 3 doctors I worked with. Everybody knew my communist politics and all respected me for being committed to fight for justice for them. Half my department was reading our communist newspaper every 2 weeks. I still go there occasionally to distribute it, talk with them, and collect donations. I love them all. They are my working class brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

They are not under any obligation to respect your views either, but until you both learn how to properly communicate your views with respect and consideration then no progress will ever be made. You don't just get to voice your opinions and expect everyone to agree with you. It's called real life, and I can guarentee that until you learn how to actually listen, understand and respect what others are saying, regardless of what side of the fence they're on, then you aren't going to get anywhere. Hearing and listening are two different things. Respect is when you can actually listen and appreciate that there are other opinions and ideas instead of your own. Real progress is made when you both reach that level and actually learn how to communicate.

Neither side is any better. Both sides had plenty of idiots and violent supporters but they were overall a minority. The majority of Clinton supporters and Trump supporters are fine people. No need for name calling.

Neither side is any better. Both sides had plenty of idiots and violent supporters but they were overall a minority. The majority of Clinton supporters and Trump supporters are fine people. No need for name calling.

Although there is no need for name calling, I have not found the majority of Clinton supporters to be fine people, at least in regards to the election itself. (This is based solely on what they post and say well at the same time making claims that show otherwise, not my opinion, just a factual observation.)

For everybody who thinks the other side are idiots or evil or whatever, there were really good reasons to vote against either candidate:

Clinton: Soft on wall street and essentially doing their bidding, would maintain the status quo (not a good thing), has typically been in favor of trade agreements, could have escalated a nuclear standoff with Russia, will sell the American people out while pretending not to.
Trump: About the worst candidate you could ask for on environmental issues, has a strong background in cronyism, will likely increase the deficit in ways that don't invest in the country / people, proposing massive tax cuts for the rich, will open the door for his party to slash a lot of essential programs that people need to live.

Pick your poison, essentially. Anyone who doesn't think either candidate would cause major problems is naive, though the flavors are a little different.

Reactions: ncjoe
like this
For everybody who thinks the other side are idiots or evil or whatever, there were really good reasons to vote against either candidate:

Clinton: Soft on wall street and essentially doing their bidding, would maintain the status quo (not a good thing), has typically been in favor of trade agreements, could have escalated a nuclear standoff with Russia, will sell the American people out while pretending not to.
Trump: About the worst candidate you could ask for on environmental issues, has a strong background in cronyism, will likely increase the deficit in ways that don't invest in the country / people, proposing massive tax cuts for the rich, will open the door for his party to slash a lot of essential programs that people need to live.

Pick your poison, essentially. Anyone who doesn't think either candidate would cause major problems is naive, though the flavors are a little different.

There are more than two political ideologies. Both are authoritarian statists but Rump is a special kind of dangerous because of the nature of the people that support him. Also, Rump is likely to start a war with China.

oh well i just like to post videos

I can post videos too.

.....but Rump is a special kind of dangerous because of the nature of the people that support him.

I'd be interested in knowing and hearing more about these people that support him, and how you've reached your conclusions about them. I believe you're painting with a rather large brush here, and you're probably categorizing most people based on a narrow minded view.

I'd be interested in knowing and hearing more about these people that support him, and how you've reached your conclusions about them. I believe you're painting with a rather large brush here, and you're probably categorizing most people based on a narrow minded view.

You failed to answer my question. It's easy to post a video from the NYT but I'm not asking what some paid media organization is saying, I'm sure you could find just as many positive videos about you do negative, it's just a matter of what you chose to pay attention to.

I'd specially want to know why you feel the way you do about Trump supporters, and why? If all your information comes from the NYTimes then I guess I can understand why you feel that way, but have you never stopped to look a bit deeper into the demographic that voted for him. A series of videos and harsh articles portraying Trump supporters as aggressive, bigoted racist doesn't mean that they're all like that, just like all Hillary supporters aren't bad either.

Regardless, I'm looking for your specific views and why you feel that way, not just something you can link to.

No kidding. I am a 67 year old Jewish worker . I was a veteran of class warfare all my adult life. I became a communist on my 21 st birthday after huge struggles I helped organize at Stony Brook University against racism and the Vietnam War. I then spent the next 45 years fighting all forms of racism , including racist police terror in my native Brooklyn. I am married to fantastic Black Guyanese woman and have a great son and lovely step-daughter and a bright 4 year old grand daughter all of whom are Black. I have marched on many a police precinct protesting racist murders by NYPD assassins of unarmed Black working class youth. I have organized for over 30 years in Brooklyn hospitals and led several militant work actions on my job. Of course I paid a price for all this. Arrested many times and when I was at Stony Brook I did a 7 month stretch after we seized the mainframe computers on the campus to protest weapons research during the Vietnam War. Never have I turned the other cheek. My hospital bosses 5 years ago harassed me to the point that I had a heart attack. That was in retaliation for a petition I circulated to get my department boss fired for age and race discrimination after he had fired 4 Black and Latin xray techs on trumped up charges so they could replace them with newbies out of school for $10 less an hour. I came back from that heart attack and 9 months later led a work slowdown and confrontation with our bosses when they attempted to reduce our lunch hour from an hour to a half hour. That was 10 days before I retired. Three of my coworkers verbally confronted the bosses after I spoke just before we launched the slowdown. In 2 hours the bosses folded and we won. It took years to build that unity and the right spark to set the prairie fire. There will be many violent struggles over the next 3-4 years. The US and much of the industrial world is moving toward fascism. This is no accident. It signals the desperation of the ruling class as their rate of profit continues to fall. Inter-imperialist rivalries are sharpening among the capitalist super powers. The US vs. Russia and China for control of strategic resources and cheap labor. Racism is key to this move towards war and fascism. Whether it was Clinton or Trump these events would be unfolding, but somewhat more quickly with Trump. One third of all profits made by Wall Street come from the lower wages paid to Black, Latin, and Asian workers . So racism will be intensified to try to increase their falling profits and finance the coming world war. The workers of all nations have no stake in fighting for their bosses in this bloody conflict . We need to build a mass revolutionary movement of our class so that we can turn this coming disastrous world war into a fight for an egalitarian world free of racism, sexism, war, poverty, and disease that is caused by these parasitic bastards. I belong to a group called the Progressive Labor Party. We grew out of the Vietnam War and ghetto rebellions of the 60's and we are now in 28 countries on 5 continents. We are very active here in Brooklyn, Bronx, as well as Chicago, LA. SF. and a few other cities. Our leadership is multiracial, young, more than half our leaders are Black and Latin. We will rise and win millions here to embrace revolutionary egalitarian communism . We have evolved our politics from the old communists and we have shed their disastrous practices while embracing the good they did. That all came from our experiences in organizing. Revolution is a science not some half-baked mysticism or dogma. We are unique on the Left and I believe it will take many years, but our class will triumph. See www.plp.org By the way my co-workers threw a retirement party a week before I retired in May, 2012, 29 people came including 3 doctors I worked with. Everybody knew my communist politics and all respected me for being committed to fight for justice for them. Half my department was reading our communist newspaper every 2 weeks. I still go there occasionally to distribute it, talk with them, and collect donations. I love them all. They are my working class brothers and sisters.
Not sure if copypasta bot or real.

Is there a better source than Trump himself?

“You people were vicious, violent, screaming, ‘Where’s the wall? We want the wall!’ Screaming, ‘Prison! Prison! Lock her up!’ I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right? But now, you’re mellow and you’re cool and you’re not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right? Now you’re sort of laying back ... you’re basking in the glory of victory.” - Donald Trump, 12/16/2016, addressing his fans during his campaign "Thank You" rally in Orlando, Florida, during which the crowd twice chanted "Lock her up, lock her up" as he smiled and said "Oh, that's so terrible."

I am glad I was bored enough to read the last two pages.

What a ride this post is. Have to agree with the central, at least to me, part about how we are seeing an elaborate "divide and conquer" plot unfolding and people all over the world buying the blind hatred. Satire or not, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back