Prescott Temps on Water Cooling

Jonsey

[H]ard|Gawd
I've just finished watercooling my prescott, and it seems to run too hot, considering what I have. I have 3.4E overclocked to 4 GHz. I'm running 1.55v actual (1.5 under load). This is on an Abit AS8. According to the AbitEQ, it runs around 45-50c at idle, and 60-65c under 100% load (dual prime95). I know the IS7 and IC7 mobos temp sensor was about 10 degrees off, but I don't know if that's true with the 775 socket boards. Even if it is 10 degrees high, doesn't 55c under load seem high?
I'm running 1/2 ID tubing and Dangen Den 12v pump (Laing D4). The water block is a TDX, and I have a Maze 4 for my radeon. The heatercore is the 77 b-ville with two 120 mm fans. I've reseated the block, without much luck.

What kinds of temps are others getting with these prescotts?

seems a little high

My 2.8e Prescott on Socket478 with a CoolerMaster Hyper 6 (Air Cooling, albeit good aircooling)

doesnt go higher than 50c under load, and this type of presscott is supposed to be 5-10c higher that the S775 Platform

building a similar watercooling setup currently so im very curiuos to see what other responses you get

BigTaf said:
seems a little high

My 2.8e Prescott on Socket478 with a CoolerMaster Hyper 6 (Air Cooling, albeit good aircooling)

doesnt go higher than 50c under load, and this type of presscott is supposed to be 5-10c higher that the S775 Platform

building a similar watercooling setup currently so im very curiuos to see what other responses you get

Yep, I was in those ranges with my fishtank/Maze4 setup (www.dammitall.com). 50 degrees under load. But the motherboard went up to 80 in no time (I think I was running 1.6 volts)

PWM gets very hot on pressys(thats those little black chips around your socket) so thats probably why your motherboard was reading 80c

probably typical Abit temp sensor over reporting temps ? or could be bad contact or mount of the waterblock ?

i just set up my 3.4E 550 SL7J8 Q433A423 cpu with DFI 875P-T with G4 Storm/MCP650/Thermochill 120.3 with 30C room temp

stressprime_2.jpg

Yeah I am also very interested, since I will be building my rig with the Prescott P4 560 3.60GHz LGA 775, 800MHz FSB, 1MB L2 Cache as well with water cooling, but I will be getting my WCing gear from S-n-T systems.

Dre

Jonsey said:
I've just finished watercooling my prescott, and it seems to run too hot, considering what I have. I have 3.4E overclocked to 4 GHz. I'm running 1.55v actual (1.5 under load). This is on an Abit AS8. According to the AbitEQ, it runs around 45-50c at idle, and 60-65c under 100% load (dual prime95). I know the IS7 and IC7 mobos temp sensor was about 10 degrees off, but I don't know if that's true with the 775 socket boards. Even if it is 10 degrees high, doesn't 55c under load seem high?
I'm running 1/2 ID tubing and Dangen Den 12v pump (Laing D4). The water block is a TDX, and I have a Maze 4 for my radeon. The heatercore is the 77 b-ville with two 120 mm fans. I've reseated the block, without much luck.

What kinds of temps are others getting with these prescotts?

That is a little high for watercooling. I, too, have a prescott 3.4 @ 4.0ghz. Vcore is at 1.375v though. Idle is usually around 48C and load is usually around 60C. I use a Thermalright XP-120 with an Eneramx 120mm fan.

Back