Preorder Battlefield 3 via Origin and receive a copy of Mass Effect 2 free - 1st 2000

It was if you pre-ordered BF3, you got a choice of Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor or Dead Space 2.

Sucks that they've limited it to Mass Effect 2, now.

It was if you pre-ordered BF3, you got a choice of Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor or Dead Space 2.

Sucks that they've limited it to Mass Effect 2, now.

Yeah, but the other offer was for early pre-orders and Alpha players.
EA could possibly lose too much money if they continued to offer all three.
I wouldn't be surprised if a better offer shows up in Sept/Oct, but don't wait on it.

I'd wait till PAX, last year EA issued discount codes to attendees that of course made their way onto the internet.

I pre-ordered last Saturday and didn't get a damn thing :(

Same thing happened to me so I called their tech support. The CSR seemed American, spoke perfect english, and gave me a coupon code over the phone, which I used to redeem Dead Space 2. It was the best customer support experience of my entire life, I was shocked.

EA really thinks that Mass Effect 2 will get us to pre-order? I guess it will work for someone.

So, yet again, everyone that was a day 1 pre-orderer gets screwed.

So, yet again, everyone that was a day 1 pre-orderer gets screwed.

Not really, if you were a true day 1 pre-orderer then you should have gotten it for $49.99 as that was the price for the first week they were taking pre-orders.

My pre-order on Amazon reflects this.

I pre-ordered early and got Dead Space 2 for free. Yay for not being hostile towards a company.

This is basically just telling you, hey, if you're gonna have to use Origin anyways, might as well get a free game with it.

Contacted their help, they just gave me a copy of Mass Effect 2. Good times.

damn they sound desperate to get people to install Origin...the games they initially offered were 3 actually good games too and not some crappy ones...I want them to make me an offer I can't refuse :D

Not really, if you were a true day 1 pre-orderer then you should have gotten it for $49.99 as that was the price for the first week they were taking pre-orders.

that is not even that good as you can get it for $45 any day with the birthday coupon.

I'm playing my free copy of DS2 right now...it's not bad. I wouldn't buy it, but i'm glad I got it for free.:D

So you won't be playing BF3 then, at least not on the PC. Origin is required for all versions of BF3.

A lot of that is fear-mongering, for example Punkbuster can transmit screenshots of your game. Oh no data is being collected about my game!!!

It isn't just the data from the game, just go look at the EULA for Origin

It isn't just the data from the game, just go look at the EULA for Origin

I see that, it's pretty vague though. I mean Punkbuster can monitor other programs that are running on your system while you play BF3 (and kick you from it if it doesn't like what it finds).

They collect data on how much you play the game - it's inherent in the design with unlocks etc, for all we know there may even be in-game ads too (which would explain the share with other partners bit) Remember BF2142 has in-game ads.

If EA wants to know what kind of video card I'm using or my monitor brand I don't really care. They should of course ask permission first and not with a "click okay to accept this EULA", I agree it's underhanded of EA.

If I get to the point of feeling ultra paranoid I can always create a very lean OS partition just big enough for Origin and BF3 to run from.

Yeah...even if it was all Three games for free with battlefield 3, I'd still skip it until it's available on Steam. It's bad enough I have to have multiple game managers, but I can't change the install directory for Origin for games...and being the owner of an SSD, I have very little space but have a nice 2 TB WD-Black Edition drive for games, but no, apparently Origin MUST be installed on my C:/...Yeah, f^$k EA!

Yeah...even if it was all Three games for free with battlefield 3, I'd still skip it until it's available on Steam. It's bad enough I have to have multiple game managers, but I can't change the install directory for Origin for games...and being the owner of an SSD, I have very little space but have a nice 2 TB WD-Black Edition drive for games, but no, apparently Origin MUST be installed on my C:/...Yeah, f^$k EA!

You can change the install directory on Origin under the options; it's right there.

Same thing happened to me so I called their tech support. The CSR seemed American, spoke perfect english, and gave me a coupon code over the phone, which I used to redeem Dead Space 2. It was the best customer support experience of my entire life, I was shocked.
amazing!

Too bad MoH is not an option anymore

So just to confirm, Dead Space 2 is no longer an option for a free game if you pre-order BF3? I've been itching to get DS2, and I already have Mass Effect 2...

amazing!

Too bad MoH is not an option anymore

MoH multiplayer is so terrible I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy. The single player is pretty decent though. BF3 looked so much like MoH in the Alpha that I was scared the entire time that it would transform into a pile of poo. Luckily the quality of the game was up to BF:BC2 standards.

No matter how much fun I had with the BF3 Alpha would make me want to run Origin though. Sorry EA; no Dice.

Back