Premiere pro 7 help

primelink

Limp Gawd
im looking for some way to import .avi files into editing. it just says the file extension is not supported. i was wondering if there was a plugin or someting like that. i dont really want to convert them to .mpg but if i must i must. so any help would be much appreciated.

I haven't used premiere since version 5 so take whatever I say with a grain of salt but in Premiere 5 getting files into a project was a bit misleading. Hitting file -> open would allow you to open premiere project file but could not be used to open clips. To open clips into a project you had to go to file -> import. But like I said, I haven't used Premiere for a few versions so this could be completely changed.

Oh yeah, also, in Premiere 5, AVIs and MPGs were natively suported but MOVs needed a plugin.

I think Premiere is still a bit wonky with DirectShow, so you need a VfW codec for the codec used in the .avi file you're importing.

meatycheesyboy said:
I haven't used premiere since version 5 so take whatever I say with a grain of salt but in Premiere 5 getting files into a project was a bit misleading. Hitting file -> open would allow you to open premiere project file but could not be used to open clips. To open clips into a project you had to go to file -> import. But like I said, I haven't used Premiere for a few versions so this could be completely changed.

Oh yeah, also, in Premiere 5, AVIs and MPGs were natively suported but MOVs needed a plugin.
ya you still have to go to file import to bring files in so thats still the same

ill look into the VfW codec

i got Panasonic VFW DV codec and installed it. this allowed me to import the .avi files into premiere but the video clips come in completly black so i cant edit them. and now i cant open some .avi files with windows media player is it possible i got the wrong codec? i can play all my .avi files in the quicktime player but id liek to use wmp if possible thanks again

Back