Predator X34 Owner's Club & Discussion.

After going through a few of these I almost got a perfect one. But it just had to be put together wrong. Anyone know how to open up one of these? I can't really figure it out.

If I hold the bottom right corner hard with 2 fingers it's perfect. But obviously I can't keep doing that. I tried to get it to stick back intogether, but dammit it's not happening and I'm not about to clamp this expensive piece of something... :eek:
EDIT:
I shouldn't bother, will send it back and try again.

Last edited:
After going through a few of these I almost got a perfect one. But it just had to be put together wrong. Anyone know how to open up one of these? I can't really figure it out.

If I hold the bottom right corner hard with 2 fingers it's perfect. But obviously I can't keep doing that. I tried to get it to stick back intogether, but dammit it's not happening and I'm not about to clamp this expensive piece of something... :eek:
EDIT:
I shouldn't bother, will send it back and try again.

Yeah, I wouldn't mess with that. Definitely send it back.

Over the weekend while gaming I heard a "Pop" in the back of the monitor and the screen flickered for a moment, but worked normally ever since then. It didn't smell like a capacitor blew or anything. It kind of freaked me out, but didn't get overly concerned because there was no smell. My monitor is manufactured in Oct 2015, bought it on release day. Anyone ever get a pop like that before?

Over the weekend while gaming I heard a "Pop" in the back of the monitor and the screen flickered for a moment, but worked normally ever since then. It didn't smell like a capacitor blew or anything. It kind of freaked me out, but didn't get overly concerned because there was no smell. My monitor is manufactured in Oct 2015, bought it on release day. Anyone ever get a pop like that before?
I would contact Acer immediately just to see if they can diagnose the source of the sound easily, but especially if anything goes wrong, best to be in front of the issue with the company to try and get warranty service or replacement.

Hey, I recently picked up this monitor and I'm running HDMI, my machine doesn't have a DP (working on getting building a new machine) but I also want to use it as a 2nd display on my MacBook and I'm only getting 50hz...how do I get this do 60hz atleast?

Thanks in advance

Is anyone else having a problem where their X34 no longer sleeps after the Windows 10 creators update? My monitor no longer turns off. I tried setting the timeout to as low as 1 minute and it still remains on indefinitely. It worked fine before the creators update. I also tried updating my video drivers to the latest. No change.

Is anyone else having a problem where their X34 no longer sleeps after the Windows 10 creators update? My monitor no longer turns off. I tried setting the timeout to as low as 1 minute and it still remains on indefinitely. It worked fine before the creators update. I also tried updating my video drivers to the latest. No change.

You're not the only one. I am sure it will be patched. It's definitely Windows related. Turn your monitor off manually when you're not using it if you're worried about it.

I haven't had that issue with mine. I'm on the latest Nvidia drivers and the Creators update.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a new X34 from the Microsoft Store. I was debating between this and the Agon 35" to replace my 49" KS8000. Prior to my KS8000. all my LCDs have been IPS so i'm familiar with the trade offs. I went back and forth on the reviews and the user experience and ultimately it was pretty close between the two of them for me. I would have gone with the Agon based on the price difference, but it ultimately it was only a $100 difference since MS store has the X34 for $999. Also, I found the X34 to aesthetically pleasing over the Agon (I know that's silly).

999 at microcenter

Is there a way to tell the manufacture date on the barcode?

Anyone using a 10-15 foot DisplayPort cable? I need a minimum of 10.. preferably 12-15... something that works at 3440X1440 100hz..

My brother picked one of these up last week. Having a really hard time holding back on getting one. I think hes using a 6ft cable though. I will say I have had serious issues with anything over 15ft on my 4k set.

Back