Pre-Order Sales of Battlefield V Have Been “Weak”

There's obviously been a huge amount of right-wing SJW trolling going on

Gaming is a very neutral position in terms of politics. BUT, if you are to place a position and give an argument it needs to be proper in argument. Because it is, rightfully, given in negative response from gamers, this means that it does not give a proper view of true feminism, and all that fucking bullshit (which I love BTW coming from a single mother and shit e.g. Aliens). As I said in many responses, it could have been implemented properly but they took shitastic opinion on it, and did it all wrong-that is the true complaint....along with micro-actions and tarded shit that they wish to include. BF series is dead to me ...I do not care. Dead to me since 3.5 (suppression update).....but after the 4 bullshit I said fuck them no money ever again. Been happy ever since...oh butterfly

Ive played allot of BF games I have them all from the start. Bf1 900+ hours, I bought bf4 full package on preorder $100 bucks (I got a cool cd tin somewhere around here with a code in it) I think i have 7 hours in that game, I was super busy then and couldn't get into it till it was too late. I'm probably gonna get shit on for this but I've only used the dragon gun, gas grenade and the revolver and I gues one of the first knives in all that play time. I have, who knows how many of those crates unopened I just don't care enough to bother, I must have 30+ Xp bonus things and crap tons of their coins on top of that.

What pisses me off is the extra class unlocks, I just want to jump on and kill some stuff on what I think is a very pretty and at least for me smooth game. But nope I have to do these stupid missions with classes and guns I don't want to use and now I'm penalized for that choice.

I play a medic and a squad leader my k/d is ok my healing is awesome and my leadership is drunk brilliance at best.

If they have the same type of crap I don't care what the bells a wistles are I'm just gonna skip this one and continue the 1000+ backlog games I've been staring at and save my time for something better. Why can't I just buy the f-ing unlocks with my game money, crates, time played, Xp what ever instead of that other crap I have no interest in, or maybe I don't know be able to level the class I like to play by you know playing the class I like to play.

As for the battle royal feature I bought PUBG, when it first came out I couldn't take it, been sitting their till I hear it runs ok without hackers galore, not convinced that be enough for me to overlook my above main gripe.

I will be eyeing a new card for my 1440p g-sync @144mhz this year so more then likely I'll have the who knows what "Ray tracer" tech thing anyways but nope don't care.

Gets off soap box

sorry/not sorry

I haven't put much time into a Battlefield game since the original. Interesting maps, tactics, and playing on a LAN. The weapons were realistic and you actually had to have some skill to stay alive. I remember playing Battlefield Vietnam and it was a POS. Gave up on the series after that. I've tried the newer FPS games but I am so burned out on the genre and want something different. I don't see why people buy the same game with a different name every year.

I told DICE on their forums last year that this was likely to happen. They've made a string of dud games that were all hype and no substance: Battlefront, Battlefield 1, and Battlefront 2. Those uber casualized games wasted the potential of their IPs and made purchasers of the games feel like they were robbed.

DICE have been a sellout studio for about their entire existence:

DICE pitifully undersold themselves to EA back in 2005 or 2006. They then abandoned PC gaming without a care to become a console-only developer for a long while. DICE's self-praised return to PC gaming was a letdown and Patrick Bach spat in Battlefield fans' faces when he said the Battlefield 3 team "nailed it" and also said that he prefers smaller, Call of Duty-style maps and gameplay to Battlefield's. When DICE received detailed constructive criticism following Battlefield 3 on their EA UK forums (where the DICE development team would post), DICE reacted by shuttering those forums. And after one decent Battlefield game, Battlefield 4, DICE tried to market to the lowest common denominator with their next 3 games. And then there was Battlefront 2's loot-boxes.

It's no surprise that people aren't trusting DICE right now. DICE have always disregarded their fan base and any trace of integrity as they tried to dumb their games down ever further in some lustful covetous hope that there's a bigger pile of money to be had by doing so.

I've wondered whether 'I prefer CoD to Battlefield' Patrick Bach was let go after Battlefield 1 due to its weak reception and rapidly disappearing player-base.

Last edited:
I see three main failures by BFV:

1) In BF1 DICE made the inclusion of women much better by giving them the proper context of the unit they were actually in, giving sense to the addition. They dropped the ball with the black german troops. There were black colonial troops fighting for the germans and the french, and giving them the proper context and introduction would have been nice. But all in all, much better handled than in BFV, where women and black troops seem to be added just for inclusion's sake; if they had been introduced as resistance fighters and as colonial troops they would have made sense.

2) The trailers have been horrendous. Contrast that to the amazing trailers for BF1.

3) Maybe there just is a Fortnite obsession right now and people just don't care too much for the BFV style of multiplayer.

2) The trailers have been horrendous. Contrast that to the amazing trailers for BF1.

Yet Battlefield 1 is a boring hollowed-out game, and its player base dumped it more rapidly than they did any other Battlefield. Probably many people who pre-ordered Battlefield 1 based on its trailer have learned from that experience.

3) Maybe there just is a Fortnite obsession right now and people just don't care too much for the BFV style of multiplayer.

They're completely different game experiences. I think the issue is that DICE haven't made a decent game since Battlefield 4, and people are tired of being burned by DICE's over-hyped dumbed down and ultra-casualized games.

Battlefront, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Battlefield 1, Battlefront 2 were all major disappointments to the gaming community. DICE has been burning through their name and reputation as if they wanted to completely kill it.

oh well another get woke go broke situation in the making. not making a product your customers want but then insulting them when they complain is a sure way to lose them. they could have made the inclusions subtly but that would have taken some skill.

There are several reasons why:
1. They tried to sell a WW2 title based on alternate events and characters that dont really belong. Had nothing to do with gender.
2. EA being EA, after the star wars debacle everyone is questioning anything they touch.

Whats sad is they try to blame the so called female cast along with other BS reasons which are lies. When did anyone say Tomb Raider has a female protagonist, I am boycotting the game? Never, didnt happen. They tried to blame the whole female issue on gamers as a whole instead of a few idiots who would put any game down for any reason.
I personally was not a fan of BF1 after I played it for a bit. Engine is so so, I didnt like the way combat felt. Everything after BF3 was going downhill, that was the last title that felt great as an infantry shooter.

while i feel personally that women in a wwii game is a non issue i cant deny that it has clearly been a focusing point to drive people away from the franchise.

BF has been on shaky ground ever since BF4, with the release of battlefront and BF1 that foundation has become even more so. the gameplay was often ruined by excessive cheating that was poorly monitored and or a matchmaking system that let continuous steam rolls happen over and over. regardless what ever happened, the fundamental back and forth of BF games was broken and the amount of bad games increased exponentially. couple this with the Battlefront 2 micro-transactions missteps, and you have fundamentally shaken your core audience confidence in the platform .

Yet somehow EA is suggesting that interest in FPS are waning .... it just goes to show how disconnected these people are from the games that they are publishing .
they some how get some agenda behind them and decide to push it no matter how hard the player base rails against it . all the while letting battlefront 2 gameplay languish.

Its just mind boggling, they cant seem to understand the reason because preorders are languishing is because of EA. not due to some misconstrued idea that places the blame on a declining FPS market which has no evidence.

oh well i guess if they continue down this path they will revamp the single player experience in games and make better mutiplayer co-op games because ya know the uh FPS is dying yall despite fortnites most popular mode being 50 vs 50 .....

I imagine the EA execs are in a blind panic right now - first singleplayer story-driven games are dead and not a focus, but now it appears multiplayer games are dying too!

This has nothing to do with a lady on the box, those people are and always have been an idiotic minority that for whatever reason we decided to stop marginalizing a few years ago. This has everything to do with bad launches, incomplete games, and the general consumer base finally rejecting the AAA pre-order culture which has been ruining games for years.

This has nothing to do with a lady on the box, those people are and always have been an idiotic minority that for whatever reason we decided to stop marginalizing a few years ago. This has everything to do with bad launches, incomplete games, and the general consumer base finally rejecting the AAA pre-order culture which has been ruining games for years.
You'd be wrong then. Just look at the amount of people pissed that a woman with a mechanical arm is in the game. It's ridiculous to think that was normal in WWII.

I think Vader1975 is one of the poorly educated folks that Soderlund was talking about. Nazi black women at the front? What kind of drugs were they doing? Have they ever read about what the Nazis were like? The only country that had any female soldiers was the USSR and only because they were getting ripped asunder on a giant 3 pronged front and all the warm bodies nearby were thrown into the meat grinder. Some of those made a name for themselves like Lyudmila Mikhailovna Pavlichenko and far from being a Nazi sniper she made her living shooting Nazi soldiers to death with her trusty Mosin. She was also the very definition of an exception to a rule, fuck DICE.
Just fyi the Wehrmacht was the most diverse army in modern times but don't let a bit of conspicuously little known (((history))) get in the way of a good EA bashing thread. And of course they didn't have women on the front lines in 99% of cases, that modern 98% combat death rate inequality isn't a popular one for the xir +pedo enabling crowd.

I must be old skool or just plain old. I haven't played a "good" Battlefield since Vietnam and BF2.
2142 was a pure shit show with BF3 close behind. BC1 & 2 were good when I wasn't screaming about the horrendous mouse lag and hit detection. Never played 4. BF1 was filled with nothing but 12 year olds learning how to camp and gun play that just wasn't there. Never again will I run afoul of the cash machine named Battlefield.

I ain't touching the mech arm, though if you were in France (or Russia) a woman blowing shit up wasn't what you'd call rare. Scottish though? Maybe someone was enjoying a bit too much single malt when they heard about the ladies from hell ;)

Shouldn't have named it Battlefield 5. Should've been a side project like Bad Company.

You'd be wrong then. Just look at the amount of people pissed that a woman with a mechanical arm is in the game. It's ridiculous to think that was normal in WWII.

100K cranky douche nozels out of a game with an average player base of over 15 million (based on BF1 sales) is less 1% of the total player count. Just because every village idiot on the planet are able to come together as digital community doesn't mean they're any more prevalent or numerous than they've always been, they just make more collective noise.

For what it's worth the "mechanical arm" in the video is an entirely period appropriate prosthetic

_58793447_14.jpg

But by all means don't let that actual fact get in the way of the impotent rage.

Wrong. You've apparently not been reading all the comments and or hearing only what you want to hear. Women in combat in WW2 is most def a huge issue for me and from all the comments I've been reading over the past few months, many many other people as well. 90% of the videos I watch on Youtube are Vietnam, WW1, WW2 .. etc. Look, there are never any women in those combat videos 99.9% of the time. I don't have to tell anyone this. All of ya'll know this already.

Look, I absolutely do not want to play a multi-player Battlefield game and have to shoot at Black women in Nazi uniforms. Ok? It's a very real issue.

It's just as relevant as any of the other concerns.

Exactly. This entire revisionist history shit is just annoying. Stop trying to change history to justify pandering to the diversity crowd. Don't even try to pretend that it's something that actually happened, anyone with even a basic knowledge of military history and gender issues knows better. They could have did a BF3 reboot and pulled it off, there are enough women with combat experience now to make it at least plausible. but WW2? no.

Just come out and admit it's all about checking an EO box and put some laser rifles in the loot boxes.

100K cranky douche nozels out of a game with an average player base of over 15 million (based on BF1 sales) is less 1% of the total player count. Just because every village idiot on the planet are able to come together as digital community doesn't mean they're any more prevalent or numerous than they've always been, they just make more collective noise.

For what it's worth the "mechanical arm" in the video is an entirely period appropriate prosthetic

View attachment 97449

But by all means don't let that actual fact get in the way of the impotent rage.

please link one of the many combat camera reels that show soldiers using those in combat.

Also, grab a pair of pliers in each hand and try to use a rifle, which is about what you get their.

Last edited:

View attachment 97449

Show me one example of someone shooting a gun with those. But don't let that get in the way of you pulling information from your ass.

please link one of the many combat camera reels that show soldiers using those in combat.

Also, grab a pair of pliers in each hand and try to use a rifle, which is about what you get there.

She only has one missing arm, the prosthetic is griping the the rifle. Her right hand is used for trigger operation. Your 2 pairs of pliers comparison doesn't work here.

Setting aside all else, they screwed it pretty hard with bf4 netcode and bf1 (I.e. battlefront bf mod).

I pre-ordered both of those. I didn't order this. I will need people I know to report back about the quality of play. If it's BF 2/3/4 -like, I'll give it a chance. If it's BF 1-like, nope.

Setting aside all else, they screwed it pretty hard with bf4 netcode and bf1 (I.e. battlefront bf mod).

I pre-ordered both of those. I didn't order this. I will need people I know to report back about the quality of play. If it's BF 2/3/4 -like, I'll give it a chance. If it's BF 1-like, nope.
The net code did improve over time but yeah, too little too late. BC2 was probably the best modern Battlefield title in my experience.

She only has one missing arm, the prosthetic is griping the the rifle. Her right hand is used for trigger operation. Your 2 pairs of pliers comparison doesn't work here.

We don't let soldiers of any gender enter combat with a prosthetic arm today, much less the primitive versions of 70 years ago. you have no fine motor control, cannot manipulate the controls effectively on a weapon (even manipulating the safety on some weapons would be nearly impossible) or do any number of complex tasks required by a soldier. You would be a burden on your comrades and not an effective member of the unit.

But it looks cool in a game trailer I suppose.

I couldn't care less about women playable characters, I just want it to offer the classic Battlefield experience, and from what little I have heard about the game, it fails at doing that. If I wanted to play a high TTK shooter with small maps there's already plenty of that available.

View attachment 97449

Yes but any soldier wearing such prosthetic went Home with a Purple Heart... NEXT

The net code did improve over time but yeah, too little too late. BC2 was probably the best modern Battlefield title in my experience.

It took a long, long time for it to even be recognized as a problem. Even in the face of outrage. Meh.

View attachment 97449

Sales are weak for a reason. No matter how hard you want yourself or us to believe in your little mechanical prosthetic arm or try and tell us otherwise, it's just weird shit to see. It's simple. We don't want to deal with weird shit ( anymore ) from a company that has a long rich history of fukking up and destroying a games IP. Look, we are all fans here of the series. We all wanted sooo much to love this game, to buy it, to make that investment. But, EA wants us to fight against black women in Nazi Uniforms with mechanical prosthetic arms ( more weird shit ) and we just really don't want to do that. The logic is simple. Enough is enough. Game over. Let's hope they lose millions, more people lose their jobs. Eventually, hopefully if the pain and loses are great enough then they will come crawling back to their senses.

Meanwhile, starting tomorrow ... I would feel much better if you could make the necessary calls around town and try and find you a used little mechanical prosthetic arm. I want to you go down there, buy it ( if you need help with funds, message me and I will paypal you a few dollars ) and I want you to take that little mechanic prosthetic arm and carry it around with you all over the damn place. And when it gets to be a pain in your ass from dragging it around, hauling it everywhere you go, sleeping with it beside you at night, having your girlfriend or wife bitch at you for walking around in public with you or taking it dates with the two of you ... then and only then you will understand our frustration with this idiotic mess of a game.

BF3/4 also had a great community too. Battlefield Friends made the game more enjoyable and I would pay real money for a BF game with BFF content as a DLC.

We all wanted sooo much to love this game, to buy it, to make that investment. But, EA wants us to fight against black women in Nazi Uniforms with mechanical prosthetic arms ( more weird shit ) and we just really don't want to do that. The logic is simple. Enough is enough.

Yeah, don't forget the incredible pink dyed afros too!

Back