Pre-Order Far Cry 2 on Steam, get Far Cry free (until 9/2)

Litfod

[H]ard|Gawd
In case anyone's interested. I was, mostly because I don't know where my FC dvd is any more and I was going to do FC2 on steam anyway.

Is that dynamic, in-game ads?

edit: never mind, it's not. Google is my friend ;)

Thanks for the heads up. I already had FC and was waiting to pre-order FC2 through Steam anyway. :)

I wish they would just discount FC2 for pre-order. Most people have FC1 already.

I was thinking about getting it on steam but I already have far cry.

"Pre-order" on steam? Do they not charge you until the game is released? I played Far Cry when it was released but I don't have the CDs, it would be cool to replay without needing the CD...

I think you pay and preload the files, then you can start playing as soon as the release date comes. Or that's how I remember it being with the orange box..

I tried one of the ad supported versions a few months back. It was only for a limited time (a 3 day weekend that was well before the time I tried to play it). It didn't work cause the promotion was well over. Downloaded the game to find out it won't work. I can't say that this link is for the same promotion, but thought I would throw my experience on one out there.

"Pre-order" on steam? Do they not charge you until the game is released? I played Far Cry when it was released but I don't have the CDs, it would be cool to replay without needing the CD...
You buy the game ahead of time, which usually means you're allowed to pre-load the game before it's released to ensure that you're able to play the game the moment the game is released.

You buy the game ahead of time, which usually means you're allowed to pre-load the game before it's released to ensure that you're able to play the game the moment the game is released.

This is the plan, anyway. Typically, the servers get pounded, everything is slow, there are problems, and everyone bitches.

Other than this issue, I love steam.

I've had pretty good experiences with preloads on Steam, the only exception was CoD4 where some bug prevented some people (myself included) from running the game on the first day of release, even though the preload was completed without a problem. That's one of the few down-sides to online distribution I suppose.

I'm really looking forward to FC2 though. If they can keep it free of mutants and aliens, and avoid doing a crappy Bioshock-style PC version (and that last one is a big "if") it could be like Crysis, but fun.

I cant buy it even if I want because Ubisoft is selling games via Steam only for users in North America:mad:

Back