PR Nightmare Drawing - AMD 6400+ Black Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
[H] has unbiased thorough reviews and a great community forum to back it up. I come to the site just about everyday to learn about products and see what the technology buzz is. There is a great group of highly technical people here that can answer anyone's tech related question. [H] is my [H]ome.

I read [H} because their reviews are consistently among the best in the business, and I never have to worry about payola scams tainting reviewer honesty.

Why do i love [H]Forum, many and multiple reasons, but the main reason is the community.

this community has people all across the globe conversing, discussing, debating, selling, causing mehem ;) the people provide the heart and soul of the [H]Forum.

I can tell you this, you cant find a community like this anywhere. this is brotherhood/siterhood, this is a world in its own :)

Why I love it:

Great deals
Great reviews
Great people

Why I hate it:

May get me divorced if I keep buying things
Scammers
one time, people here couldnt answer my stupidly complicated question, and I curse you all for that :)

I like the honest attitudes and willingness to tell it like it is even when it might make some enemies. The reviews here are the most usefull on the internet.

I love [H] first and foremost because the forums are a great place to find information on the latest and greatest products that are out or coming out in the future. Going hand in hand with that, you can find a solution to any problem you may be encountering or post for help. Also, [H] single-handed gives the best real-world reviews of video cards, cpus, motherboards, etc. Plus, its always a hoot to watch them blow up power supplies in their reviews.

Most addictive pc related forum board I have found on the net, reason being its more resourceful and updated than the other forums. The unbiased, honest tech knowledge and opinions are very beneficial to me, reason this forum absolutely rocks. Many thanks to Kyle and the community for keeping this the best !

i love you because you are unlike any other. i love the way the light catches in hardocp's eyes. i love the way that hardocp's hair blows in the wind. and i love hardocp's smile.

I love the [H] because it's honest and straightforward, gives no BS reviews, updates several times daily, and has an amusing sense of humor. Plus the forum community is one of the smartest and most dedicated I've seen online.

I don't like that I can't see the forums at work due to the new webfilter they installed. :mad:

Kyle, because you said OR, and not XOR:

I love the [H] because the articles don't pull any punches, the forums are lively and informative, and because I can always find a thread to kill time with.

I hate the [H] because I can always find a thread on the forums to kill time with - even when I don't have any spare time to kill.

Not sure if I love HardOCP but i do like it, respect it and visit it numerous times a day. The Hot Deals section is my favorite and while I do not post often reading the video card and motherboard forums helps with a slow going new build. Plus the site is prety easy to navigate, the writers are more mature (seemingly maybe not age) than alot of ot her sites. thats why i repect/like this site a whole lot.

I love the [H] because the reviews are dead on. It allows people to come together, both novice-advanced users sharing ideas and bargains in one place. I like that people who have an understanding and good grasp of information do not bash other users but we all get along like one big happy family- even down to other users wanting to send 'gifts' of unwanted pc parts just sitting around to help a fellow member in trouble or tough times.
Simply put no other community compares to the one held together by dedicated members. <3

I have read HardOCP since a friend that worked in the IT department at work found out that I was a computer enthusiast too. That was many years ago. I keep coming back because I can get my Geek fix here and [H] has proven to be the most reliable source on the WEB for the tech information I need.. I know I am getting all the latest news from the tech sector and "NO BS" reviews that tell it like it is. I now read a lot of sites but [H]ardOCP is the first one I come to every single day and the one I trust above all to give me the down and dirty information I need before I lay down my hard earned money on a new component for my computer or one of the many that I have built. I have recomment [H] to fiends, customers and fellow gamers and many of them are now avid readers also.

I love converstions that start with; "Hey did you read on [H]ardOCP that..............."

I love this site. I find so many great deals in well obviously the [H]ot|DEALS section and there is just so much great information shared by everyone here.

:cool:

I love the [H] because you don't just do product reviews, you also do editorials about industry topics which I really enjoy.

I also love that you guys support the best folding team on the planet!

I hate that you don't have more editorials or a blog, but you do make up for that some with fairly regular postings in the forums on news topics, which I appreciate.

We have to start at the top spot: The Phantom. Not only did you give your thoughts on this but you found this guy's past and brought it to post, stuck with you guns on legal threats and did you best to find the "offices"

I've emailed The poster of this article the man around here, and I've gotten a reply. I've personally asked his opinion and got an answer! I've emailed Steve, probably to the point he'd like to ignore me but I've got responses!

Advertisements, while a touchy subject the bottom line is bills need to be paid and there have been several revisions to the site in regards to advertisements and user feed back.

[H]ardOCP has journalistic integrity in the main and subsites from changing the way benchmarks are used to reviewing only market products I feel these things make the difference between this and any other site (although I would like a database like hwbot's), these are the main reasons I like this site, I can get good opinions, down to earth but professional staff and excellent moderation of the forums.

I forgot telling it like it is (AMD/ATI's current market offerings)

Bad:
Video card reviews are ridiculous and [H]ard OCP is the ridicule of many other tech sites for having a subjective reviews of video cards by stating best playable settings with this card are...
After all "playable" settings is TERRIBLY subjective and I'd rather know, personally, that Card A runs 15FPS per second faster with all settings maxed than Card B, and then know the respective frame rates. I appreciate that you brought back the apples to apples comparison, and tacked them on at the end of the reviews, but think the subjective, "playable" settings commentary should be minimized, while the apples to apples comparisons should be the meat of the review.

You never know when the next guy you've been speaking with or even yourself is going to get banned on the forums. I've been on the forums for several years, and I've seen some frequent posters get the banhammer for unknown reasons, nobody I knew personally, but you can't get any answers when you ask what they did.

All the interesting threads get locked or even mysteriously deleted.

The [H]Console section basically died.

Good:

Awesome, no punches held, commentary on products. Tell it how it is and stick to your guns!

Most active, fun, and informative forums/online community I've ever been a part of.

Nice up to date news postings on the main [H]ardOCP page

Kyle actually responds to PMs.

Reviews seem accurate and thorough, (except the console aftermarket cooling review where no actual temperature results were posted and the review basically stated "we think the console must be cooler cause of the extra fans" :D)

Overall - this is my favorite PC/Console/Tech site and I frequent it nearly every day.

I've been using the forums here for a few years. I've tried multiple sites to find true, dedicated people to no avail. The moderators here care about the people that browse these forums. The people responding to posts typically know their topics and are very willing to help. Even after being scammed from another site, I had multiple people offering their help to rectify the situation. Overall, this site deserves it's attention. I've directed about 11 people/friends to this site because it has my respect.

I don't know if I can say much that already hasn't been said by the previous 460+ posters, but the [H] rocks. I've been coming here for years, and I feel the need to visit every day. I constantly refresh hoping for some new nugget of info that I'd previously not known. I never realized my addiction until the site went through it's server/database problems a few months ago. I tried to find the same kind of content on other sites, but just couldn't find what the [H] has. I'm here to stay.

Overall because imo HardOCP has the most unbiased reviews of hardware. Kyle and crew pull no punches if a piece of hardware is worth my hard earned greenbacks they say so, and more importantly they don't pull any punches if it's a piece of garbage.

The overall feel of the community just feels like home to me,if that makes sense. The forums are a veritable treasure trove of information on just about anything PC related concerning both hardware and software. it's that simple.

Love:
Getting to see the Phantom debacle unfold while hospitalized for two weeks. Better than the visitor animals, seriously. It was like the Make-a-Wish Foundation of nerd drama.

Hate:
a.) The banning of "dark-hued small unit of measurement" in Genmay due to the immaturity of others.

b.) Kyle and [H] haven't stepped up to revamp the video game review industry (like they did hardware a few years back) yet in light of the recent Gamespot drama.

c.) reserved in case I don't win anything. :p

Love

HardOCP front page news and unbaised reviews

Hate

The drama that went on in the Distributed Computing Forum not too long ago

Ever since I came across hardforum looking for answers to questions I have had in the past I have kept coming back for more answers. I actually did not even know about hardocp.com only hardforum.com for awhile. I have bought several items based on the awards the staff gives in their reviews, always been satisfied by the knowledge of them and the community. This is the first place I look when I need an answer for hardware compatibility, brand reviews, and of course the Hot Deals forum gets visited about 10 times a day. Keep it up.

...that the H is so different from other hardware sites, both in tone and in the info (read: vid card reviews). Sometimes there can be a little too much snarkiness for my taste, but I always keep coming back. Keep up the good work.

How does [H] make me feel, short answer is great. Reviews of almost anything technical you could ever want which I find a great thing in both the forums and the main site. Allowing the forums to be here and upkeep of them is wonderful as it is not an easy task or an inexpensive one. The forums themselves are a great resource for all of us as they are frequented by many knowledgeable people and filled with loads of information that has been gathered by others experiences. I have been around for a while and plan on being here a lot longer as well. Thank you [H] and Happy Holidays to everyone.

I can come here for fairly unbiased information as well as find discussions about information I am interested in. I love the information on Graphics Cards especially since I recently got into PC building. Plus who doesn't love the hot deals? Great site, simple design easy navigation the end.

I love the [H] (both OCP and Forums) because of the honest reviews given to it's users by the staff. I never have to worry if any Hard|OCP review has been swayed one way or another by someone's agenda, as Kyle and his staff are the most straight forward review staff found online. Kyle's strong direction and opinions on the forum and complete lack of fear to remove users who don't obey the rules also keeps me coming back. It's hard to find a review site or hardware forum anymore with any sort of popularity or following that still has a spine, and HardOCP is just that. The [H] calls a spade a spade, and for that, I applaud them.

Aside from personally looking around online for hardware news, HardOCP is the only place I visit for my daily dose of hardware geekery.

What I love about the [H] is that they actually work to continue improving their review processes as time goes on. Personally I really like the new video card review format, though I am of the opinion that apples to apples comparisons should perhaps get a little more attention. Though really plain old benchmarks can be found anywhere and everywhere it's nice to have them included. Also it's good to see another website doing real power supply reviews that are something beyond 'Well it looks nice and it ran our quad core SLI setup without crashing, gold star!'. Of course the motherboard reviews, etc are great as well, keep on keepin on!

I've been coming here pretty much everyday since 2000 or 2001 to keep up on the latest information about computers and whatever else you guys post news on. Your choice in said news is what brings me back. I also check your reviews from time to time depending on if I'm interested in the product.

I like this site as it has some very knowledgeable tech savvy people that post and it makes it easier to find the info I need. Most of my computer purchases have been because of this site and I am fairly pleased. I don't like the fact that one must pay to access certain forums, though, but other than that, all is well. Oh yeah, the for sale/for trade forums is awesome, too.

Because [H] rocks.

Need I say more?

**Edit for clarification: not responding to the above poster

I was recently introduced to [H] from a friend from work. I came on here to read up on some video card reviews for my new pc. Since then I have pretty much been addicted to this site. I probably visit at least 3 or 4 times a day now.

Love:
good reviews of the latest hardware
very active forum community with quick responses to peoples' questions
[H]otDeals....if only my job paid me more....

Hate:
this site is probably up there with crack and WoW in terms of its addictiveness!

I fully enjoy the [H], the news on the frontpage is especially usually quite interesting. The video card reviews I find tend to be a bit more subjective, which sometimes isn't what I'm looking for.. But it's definitely a nice thing to see, rather than just numbers and graphs. The community is probably my favorite thing, just to see all these forums and active posters full of discussion.

The only thing I don't really like is [H]ot|DEALS .. because I never have enough money for when something good rolls around.

Rock on [H].

I love [H] because of how often the editors post their experiences and opinions on the forums, especially Dan D.

I hate [H] because the video card reviews do very little for me. Though I may be in the minority, I would much prefer the same settings tested for each card, rather than tweaked settings in order to get the same FPS.

Ok, well where can i start. The most important thing i Love about the forums is the Community! Our community is what keeps us all here and entertained. I always need help with computers here and there i can can have it here for 100% Free ;).

I'm a new member and i plan to stay here for the rest of my computer years.:D
Thanks for making me feel welcome EVERYONE! :) :) :)

We will draw winners tomorrow and get the product shipped when we have verification of a shipping address and contact information.

Thanks for your replies, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back