PQI 4GB Flash Drive $7.99 Shipped @ Meritline

Kenworth

2[H]4U
Meritline is having a deal with these PQI 4GB flash drives for $7.99 with code
MLC114075042820NL1 for the first 500 orders. This includes shipping.

I know we can get these in a Cracker Jack box these days but for somebody on the lookout for something quick and simple I thought I would throw it out there.

Anyone know if these are bootable? I figure most new drives are, but I've purchased some cheapo ones that were not...

is there a place to hook to your keys? wife lost her 1gb drive and i need to replace it.

Anyone know if these are bootable? I figure most new drives are, but I've purchased some cheapo ones that were not...

Should just matter how you format them and make them bootable. Any drive should be able to be made bootable.

Thanks. The reason I ask is I've already got several 8GB for data transfer but I would like to use a couple for ReadyBoost testing.

Any idea how fast these are? At least compared to my 4GB Corsair Voyager.

Oh the irony. That is the exact model I have as my de facto thumb drive (picked up from the Egg on a $10 fs sale about a year ago) even though I have a couple of higher capacity. It goes everywhere with me and is built pretty ruggedly. My plan is to test both and give the PQI to my wife even if it is faster. I have grown attached to that little Voyager for some reason.

Should just matter how you format them and make them bootable. Any drive should be able to be made bootable.
I thought this too, but my 1GB Apacer will NOT boot on any machine, no matter how I format it. Neither will the cheapo generic 512MB one that came with my Samsung TV (the eManual). My 128MB Dell from a long time ago boots fine, as does my 4GB OCZ. So I'm 50/50 for "bootable". This is why I ask...

Back