Powernotebooks.com closes shop, unexpectedly and abruptly......

magoo

[H]F Junkie
My two college children both use MSI laptops I bought from Powernotebooks.com over the past 4 years.
My daughter 's is less than a year old.
I liked the company, they built to specification using chassis from MSI , Lenovo or Sager.

My son had an issue and we were going to the website to look for drivers.......gone.
Just a note on the website about some personal health issues.

I read a reddit thread and apparently they closed up shop, no warranty support, customer service gone, website for drivers and such gone; even folks that had builds in progress.....gone and no deliveries on builds in progress.

Seems the health issues were financial health of the company.....they filed for bankruptcy.

So if you have a warranty, like I do.....good luck I guess.....in my case I'll have to hope MSI would honor a problem. There was a note from Sager on reddit and they were stepping up to help folks who had warranty left. A company named Xotic PC was also mentioned as reaching out a helping hand if you dropped them an email......

I hope none of you are in any messes over this, it's just happened over the last couple of weeks.

Since 1999, it has been our policy to give our customers the very best service possible. We have always strived to treat our customers like family. Unfortunately both Donald and Charlotte have had surgical procedures that required a period of recovery, the result of which was they were not going to be able to give their full attention to the business for a while. Therefore it was with the deepest regret, that as of January 12th, PowerNotebooks ceased operations. We want to thank all of our customers who have given us their trust and support over the years.

Since PowerNotebooks will no longer be able to provide tech support and warranty service to our customers, we are very pleased to announce that HIDevolution.com has agreed to take over providing the best in tech support and warranty service to our PowerNotebooks customers who have purchased PowerPro computers, and Customized Asus, MSI, Alienware, and Lenovo computers. HIDevolution.com has been in business since 2007 and they have an excellent customer service record that will resemble that of PowerNotebooks.com. For details on how to get tech support and warranty service for PowerPro computers, and Customized Asus, MSI, Alienware, and Lenovo computers please go to:
HIDevolution.com - Welcome PowerNotebooks.com Customers

We are posting contact information below, for technical support and warranty service, for all Sager laptops, and Non-Customized stock Asus, MSI, Alienware, and Lenovo laptops.

Sincerely,
PowerNotebooks.com Customer Service Team

Brand/Product Telephone Technical Support and Warranty Service
Lenovo 800-957-5838 - (24/7) Lenovo Online Support for all Products
Sager 800-741-2219 (7:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST) or email Tech Support or RMA Request
ASUS 888-678-3688 Option 2, then Option 1 - (24/7) ASUS Online support
MSI 888-447-6564 (5:00 AM to 7:00 PM PST) MSI Support
Alienware 800-ALIENWARE (8AM to 12PM CST) Alienware Support

Since 1999, it has been our policy to give our customers the very best service possible. We have always strived to treat our customers like family. Unfortunately both Donald and Charlotte have had surgical procedures that required a period of recovery, the result of which was they were not going to be able to give their full attention to the business for a while. Therefore it was with the deepest regret, that as of January 12th, PowerNotebooks ceased operations. We want to thank all of our customers who have given us their trust and support over the years.

Since PowerNotebooks will no longer be able to provide tech support and warranty service to our customers, we are very pleased to announce that HIDevolution.com has agreed to take over providing the best in tech support and warranty service to our PowerNotebooks customers who have purchased PowerPro computers, and Customized Asus, MSI, Alienware, and Lenovo computers. HIDevolution.com has been in business since 2007 and they have an excellent customer service record that will resemble that of PowerNotebooks.com. For details on how to get tech support and warranty service for PowerPro computers, and Customized Asus, MSI, Alienware, and Lenovo computers please go to:
HIDevolution.com - Welcome PowerNotebooks.com Customers

We are posting contact information below, for technical support and warranty service, for all Sager laptops, and Non-Customized stock Asus, MSI, Alienware, and Lenovo laptops.

Sincerely,
PowerNotebooks.com Customer Service Team

Brand/Product Telephone Technical Support and Warranty Service
Lenovo 800-957-5838 - (24/7) Lenovo Online Support for all Products
Sager 800-741-2219 (7:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST) or email Tech Support or RMA Request
ASUS 888-678-3688 Option 2, then Option 1 - (24/7) ASUS Online support
MSI 888-447-6564 (5:00 AM to 7:00 PM PST) MSI Support
Alienware 800-ALIENWARE (8AM to 12PM CST) Alienware Support

This bit was not posted as of Monday morning when I was last on the website.
I'm glad that powernotebooks has been able to find someone to honor their warranty services.
I hope I don't have to use them.

Back