Powermac G5 Case mod, almost complete

bstrang6

n00b
EDIT--- New pictures down at the bottom of the page!

I just about have my Hackintosh's new case done, pretty happy with how it came out.

Heres some pictures, still have to do my front I/O cable to get rid of the old power switch from my last case hanging out of the back.

[/URL

[URL=http://s1110.photobucket.com/user/bstrang6/media/20130510_224106.jpg.html]

And heres a quick clip of my boot sequence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di6Yi11R6Fo

System specs are

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
Intel i5 3570k
GTX650
8Gb G.Skillz 1600MHZ DDR3

Last edited:
Got my Front I/O wire made up to convert the stock Mac panel's wiring harness to regular ATX header pins, also stuck a HDD LED light in the front, hidden from view unless illuminated, should be able to see it under the DVD drive. Also cut up the stock power supply from the Power Mac and re purposed the stock PSU plug. I soldered it to a cut down power cable.

Very clean work, I like it. Keeps the design exactly the same but adds some of the nice touches, very nice.

Thanks I appreciate the compliments. I still have to figure out how to tidy up the cables, theres just not a lot of room in this case that isn't right up front and in your face.

Couple small updates, I made a plexiglass cover for the upper tray to hide the ugly that was my PSU and Optical, along with the cables.

I have a lot of water cooling stuff coming along with a new GTX670FTW, going with a blue theme. The color I used on the plexi is very close to the Gigabyte boards color. While doing the custom loop I will be taking cable management a bit further. Thinking long and hard about ordering a blue single sleeved 24pin extension. Even though I will be running most of the cable under the motherboard tray, it would still look bitchin...

Also grabbed a couple LED strips, that will eventually be mounted, one on top facing down and one on the bottom. Should be able to tuck them up out of view completely, going to really really try to go all out with cable management. Trying to line up some time on a waterjet for my side door to get a nice window cut in.

Now all you need is to let that custom LED shine through the Apple logo ;)

Here's some updated pictures, installed a custom loop, GTX670FTW and some UV. I made a beauty plate for the back of the case infront of the motherboard with some plexi and spraypaint. Beyond that I added a blue fan to the back of the case. I cut a haggard window in the case free hand, and have a second case door that I am trying to have its window cut in with a water jet.

and some mid set up, was missing caps for the video card block and used kinked tubing as a temporary solution. These also don't feature the uv light so the tubing is sort of plain looking.

I have some blue sata cables to finish it off for now. Haven't installed them yet. Now I am contemplating a second gtx670ftw and a new motherboard for windows gaming.

I like this mod a lot as well. Extremely well crafted and well used space for a dell case! Awesome job bud

Very nice, like how you mounted the corsair radiator--it fits well.

I like this mod a lot as well. Extremely well crafted and well used space for a dell case! Awesome job bud

Hwat?

Nice job on the mod which reminds me, I have one of these in storage. I should get off my lazy butt and mod it.

Back