Powerful Mini pc's with i7s or greater and ability for at least 3 nvme?

markm75

Gawd
Im looking for a mini pc to operate as a server basically. Right now i use a full case server style one with an intel i7-6700k for the cpu.

Whats hard to find in a mini is that of 3 nvme slots, at least i think. I was trying to reduce the overall size and power load while maybe getting a slightly beefier cpu in the process, both of which i believe are impossible in this form factor (combined).
I also run 3 Mobius usb 3 5 disc arrays attached to the existing pc, i think it should be possible on the mini as well to have 3 usb's at full speed each.

Otherwise I'm probably better off just ditching the rack server/psu combo and putting the existing hardware in a regular case with 550 watt gold or platinum psu
Anyone happen to have seen a model out there that would do all of this and be a tad ahead of a 6700k?

Thanks in advance

Could get a low profile nvme pcie adapter card and just about any modern midrange or higher board. Should net you at least three.

As far as which, I can't help you there.

Could get a low profile nvme pcie adapter card and just about any modern midrange or higher board. Should net you at least three.

As far as which, I can't help you there.
Yeah i have a dual board pciex8 i think it is that can hold two, plus another pciex4 to utilize in such a configuration.

I was holding out hope that maybe a mini existed (i figure using less power) that would take 3 on the board itself, i guess not yet, just two.
Probably just as well of with converting the server case to a mid case with a more efficient power supply for now.

Back