Powerful Convertible?

Ashton

2[H]4U
My old dualcore laptop is starting to show its age, so I'm looking to upgrade... but I want something that will last several years AND is in a convertible form factor...

What I'd like to see is:
-Convertible laptop/tablet form-factor.
-Core i9 CPU
-64gb RAM (32 is acceptable, 16 is bare-minimum-if-there-is-absolutely-no-other-option)
-Dedicated Nvidia graphics (Preferably rtx 2080)
-4K screen (will settle for less though)
-While I'd prefer to keep it around $2000, I *can* go as high as $5000 (but cheaper is always better)
-(optional) Windows Hello webcam

From my research, I have found more than a few laptops that fit the requirements... but only if I give up the convertible aspect... which is something I *really* like about my current device.

Am I missing something or is there anything even close to what I'm looking for available? (at ANY price! --- eventually one will end up on eBay for less :p )

If there is absolutely ZERO chance of getting this in a convertible, any suggestions for laptops that aren't overpriced... (*eyes alienware 51m suspiciously*)

Acer ConceptD 7 Ezel (not to be mistaken for the non-Ezel version, that's just a plain laptop) or ConceptD 9. Sorry about your wallet.
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/conceptd-series/conceptd7ezel
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/conceptd-series/conceptd9

Those things are basically gaming/mobile workstation laptops with a Wacom Cintiq for your main monitor, and are roughly priced to match; the ConceptD 9 goes for about $5,000 with an RTX 2080 (thankfully not Max-Q as far as I can tell, it's probably the max-performance mobile variant), more if you opt for the Quadro RTX 5000 "Pro" variant.

I would love to own or at least review one of these things at some point, largely because they're the exact sort of convertible laptops I wished existed for over a decade (most convertible laptops get gimped with integrated or very weak dedicated GPUs), but my wallet doesn't permit it right now, especially after getting an OMEN X 2S for under $1,200. Figured it'd be more practical for my budget to pair that laptop up with a separate Cintiq, even though it's a kludge portability-wise to lug around a separate monitor.

I am at a loss for words... a convertible that is not only powerful but almost tear-inspiringly beautiful. It's even better than I was expecting! Thank you so very much for linking this! ❤️❤️❤️

Back