PowerDVD Plays Blu-Ray Audio, but no video!

adamadekat

Gawd
Title says it all. I have AnyDVD HD installed, and the PowerDVD 7.3 suite that comes with the LG SuperMulti Bluray/HD-DVD drive. The bluray/hd-dvd movie will play, but no video shows. I recently installed the CCCP Codec pack. Regular DVDs play fine.

Anyone know what's going on?

The CCCP codec pack fucked something up. PowerDVD comes with it's own decoder and I'll bet something in that codec pack reassigned the decoding needs to some other file. I'd say get rid of both, reinstall the codec pack first (if you have to have it) and then reinstall PowerDVD afterward and that should keep the proper codec for Blu-Ray playback assigned to PowerDVD.

Codec packs... man... more problems than they're worth.

Did you get rid of PowerDVD? Did you run something like CCleaner to wipe out all traces of the codec pack and PowerDVD Registry leftovers? Did you clear out your temp files with CCleaner or some other temporary file deletion tool, or perhaps some .dll cleaner of some kind? You gotta follow through with this process and wipe out all traces of both.

It only takes one Registry key to assign the wrong codec to PowerDVD for the video portion and wham, it won't play back the content properly, so...

Grab CCleaner or whatever Registry cleaner/scrubber you prefer, uninstall PowerDVD FIRST, and once that's done, clean the Registry totally, then delete every temp file you can find from everywhere (CCleaner can do that also), and then reinstall PowerDVD and try again.

If it doesn't work after that cleaning house, well... someone else can figure it out as I'd pretty much give up at that point. ;) Of course, I could care less about Blu-Ray content anyway but that's just me...

i can get powerdvd to play blu-ray just have to switch it to software mode. configuration/video , uncheck hardware acc.

i was never able to get hardware acc to work. powerdvd 7.3 , nvidia pure video HD and 8800gt. i tried it first back in january and few times after that. wasted hours and only got sound no video. pretty disappointing i spent the money on a blue ray PC player and lucky i only bought 1 blu-ray disk. i wanted to watch 300 on my 24 inch monitor before i put it in my HTPC. now i am just waiting for some new

Back