powercolor RMA --> worst company ever?

mkrohn

2[H]4U
They emailed me a confirmation that they received my card on March 6th. This was well after the tracking shows they received it but oh well moving on right? Emailed them APr 2 to see what the holdup was and a generic processing email. I haven't heard anything else from them not any kind of sorry this is taking so long or anything.

This is the second RMA I've done with powercolor. The previous was a 290x. That card was gone for about 45 days. I avoided them like the plague ever since but a Vega 64 was available for a great price back around black friday so I bit. This card of course died and I cringed at having to deal with them again. To my surprise I can confirm they are still every bit as terrible as they used to be.

When you see a "bargain" on a GPU keep RMA's in mind. EVGA and XFX I salute you right now and I'm sorry I jumped on a discount to go with a company that doesn't care about its customers. EVGA and XFX have taken amazingly good care of me over the years.

Heh, I've had to RMA with them and it was ok. I think it took 2 1/2 weeks total from out my door to the card being back in my system. I've had good and bad experiences from just about every companies RMA with the only 2 being consistently bad being ASUS and HIS.

In reality all they have to do is say hey Vega's are completely gone everywhere we'll get stock on X date. Then I'm fine. Vegas gone for a long time? maybe offer me an nvidia counterpart? what would that even be a 1080 non ti? Absolutely anything is better than nothing. Turn a pissed off customer into a happy one by instead of offering the 1080 non ti offer the 1080 ti? Those don't seem to be as completely gone as the Vegas.

In reality all they have to do is say hey Vega's are completely gone everywhere we'll get stock on X date. Then I'm fine. Vegas gone for a long time? maybe offer me an nvidia counterpart? what would that even be a 1080 non ti? Absolutely anything is better than nothing. Turn a pissed off customer into a happy one by instead of offering the 1080 non ti offer the 1080 ti? Those don't seem to be as completely gone as the Vegas.

Nobody is getting Vega. There is a shortage from AMD.
Powercolor is not a board partner for Nvidia. There is no way possible to send you a GTX 1080 or another similar Nvidia card.

Worst company ever for not honoring warranty? No ... ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI (and others) really suck at it but they make more $$$ that way because they know they will get away with it because many fools keep buying cards other than EVGA

They emailed me a confirmation that they received my card on March 6th. This was well after the tracking shows they received it but oh well moving on right? Emailed them APr 2 to see what the holdup was and a generic processing email. I haven't heard anything else from them not any kind of sorry this is taking so long or anything.

This is the second RMA I've done with powercolor. The previous was a 290x. That card was gone for about 45 days. I avoided them like the plague ever since but a Vega 64 was available for a great price back around black friday so I bit. This card of course died and I cringed at having to deal with them again. To my surprise I can confirm they are still every bit as terrible as they used to be.

When you see a "bargain" on a GPU keep RMA's in mind. EVGA and XFX I salute you right now and I'm sorry I jumped on a discount to go with a company that doesn't care about its customers. EVGA and XFX have taken amazingly good care of me over the years.
I have all EVGA gpu's. i had one of my 1080ti's go bad. Took less than 2 weeks. I would rather pay the extra.

Reactions: jaffy
like this
I have all EVGA gpu's. i had one of my 1080ti's go bad. Took less than 2 weeks. I would rather pay the extra.
Quite often its not actually extra. They are often right at or near the bottom in pricing. People are starting to catch on though and they do seem to be some of the faster cards to sell out.

I once ordered a Powercolor r9 390 from an ebay seller in the US (I'm in Canada) to pair with my locally purchased card for Crossfire purposes. That card ended up being thrashed beyond all belief (subsequent peeks at his ebay history confirmed he was a miner) so I had to ship it back for RMA. Well, Powercolor literally shipped it back to him broken. Then he RMA'd it again and they took AGES to send back an RX 580 as the 390 cards were no longer available. Start to finish the whole ordeal took six months. Cost me pretty much what I would have paid for a locally purchased card after shipping costs, AND more considering the duty I couldn't get out of paying due to a paperwork error. I will now only buy local and brand new for video cards, learned my lesson. At least the RX 580 works well, and runs a lot cooler. I actually can't find a brick and mortar here that carries Powercolor or Sapphire, and they say it's because their RMA times suck so bad you may as well buy a new card the day you ship off the broken one.

In the past, my Radeon x800 was doa, took forever for the replacement to arrive. Avoid like plague!!!

I'd agree that most AIB partners have pretty meh customer service / RMA support. EVGA seems to be the one standout for graphics cards.

Back