PowerColor RED DRAGON Radeon RX 580 8GB 256-BitGDDR5 $209.99

Don’t buy powercolor until they fix their RMA system and upgrade their retail packaging (which is nothing but cardboard — no protective foam at all around the card).

I bought a Vega 56 from powercolor and their RMA process was the worst I’ve ever used from any company yet. They put two similar looking serial numbers? on the back of the Vega cards. In the RMA form it just has space for one. I listed the one the instructions said. But mentioned in the comment section the other serial number just in case, and attached a picture of the back of the card clearly showing both numbers with the comment that it wasn’t entirely clear which number they wanted.

I was approved for an RMA and sent the card back in.

There was no email communication at all. I called in after a month or so, and asked a status. They said they had denied my claim because I hadn’t entered the correct serial number. I mentioned I had include both numbers in the RMA comments and attached a picture of the back of the card showing both. I also mentioned that they had the new retail receipt showing the matching serial numbers on the box, the retail box, and the card with the matching numbers --- so how could I have submitted the wrong serial number when they had everything both in pictures in the original RMA claim and now the physical card that matched. He said I see that in your claim. We will process your RMA now. I said ‘so I wasn’t going to be contacted to let me know my claim was denied?’ He said ‘no, we leave that to the customer to follow up.’

I did get the RMA finally, but SHADY!

Last edited:
Its always worth it to go with any other brand. My last RMA with them took 2 months. I'd had a total of 3 RMA's with them over the years. my most frustrating was a 290x. nobody plans on having to rma something but it happens. make sure you give your cash to companies that will take care of you.

Back