PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 Is $299 at Microcenter

Nice. The 5700 at $300 is VERY compelling. Most 1660 Ti cards are priced around that, and the 5700 just walks all over them.

The kicker? I bought an open box Sapphire 5700 on Sunday for just 2 dollars less. :D If I had known, I would have waited until Monday and bought the unopened one.

The kicker? I bought an open box Sapphire 5700 on Sunday for just 2 dollars less. :D If I had known, I would have waited until Monday and bought the unopened one.

Did that happen to be in Georgia? If so, I was just telling a coworker last week that they should go pick that one up!

Now if only the closest Microcenter wasn't 4 hours away... or if you could actually order crap from their web store.

You can return it and just get the new one if you want the new one.

Ya my amd 3700x and gigabyte x570 was 50 bucks off so my new 199.99 motherboard was actually 149.99 :D

Ok, now I'm getting a little worried. The 5700 XT I picked up yesterday is the first open box 5700 XT I've seen at my store (Columbus, OH). I check open box stuff a few times a day, as I sit at a desk all day...

I just checked them now and they have 2 more of the XFX 5700 XT open box for $339. Hmmm...is this card a POS? I haven't had a chance to test it, yet.

Ok, now I'm getting a little worried. The 5700 XT I picked up yesterday is the first open box 5700 XT I've seen at my store (Columbus, OH). I check open box stuff a few times a day, as I sit at a desk all day...

I just checked them now and they have 2 more of the XFX 5700 XT open box for $339. Hmmm...is this card a POS? I haven't had a chance to test it, yet.

No need to worry, people probably just had unrealistic expectations or it could not overclock as much as they wanted and returned them. $339 is a great price. :)

Damn, my local MC has a couple of openbox 2080Tis for $856.

That's crazy. My MC never has any open box 2080 Ti's for less than new elsewhere when you factor in sales tax. I haven't seen a decent one more than $100 off.

Right now there are 5 between $1100 and $1259.

so its basically same. good thing I didn't buy it, thought its gonna be vastly superior to 980ti.

It is vastly superior to the 980Ti, that link is a bunch of........ Oh well, whatever you want to do, do it.

I don't think they are duds. I just think that they might need more driver maturity before they are a highly recommended card. I returned mine due to game crashes. no worries though because I will probably just wait and buy an aftermarket one when they release next month.

I don't think they are duds. I just think that they might need more driver maturity before they are a highly recommended card. I returned mine due to game crashes. no worries though because I will probably just wait and buy an aftermarket one when they release next month.

What game crashes? So far, the only crashes I have had is because I overclocked it further than it could handle.

Curious if they keep the $50 promo when the non-reference cards come out? Though we're talking another two weeks till mid-August...

Raise a glass to the 980ti! It was a beast of its time that lasted far longer than most cards. It still pushes out frame rates close to that of a 1070 or even 1070ti when overclocked in older games. Mine is still in use in my wife’s 60hz 1080P machine where it does excellent....

....But it’s a 4 year old chip that isn’t being optimized for in newer games. In those games it’s about a 1660ti class card. Anything 2060 class or above usually handily beats it. The gap will only get worse as drivers evolve.

980ti is now a 1080 60hz card. March of time is relentless, and even the legendary Voodoo 2 got old at one point.

Last edited:
Voodoo 2 couldn't use freesync. Are people really worried about 60 FPS instead of 70?

Back