PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 Is $299 at Microcenter

Well, I played it for 10 minutes with no crashing, just saying.

I couldn't get past the cutscene when I started the Atlantis DLC. Every time it would freeze and I couldn't skip the cutscene to get to the action. I swapped in an old 1060 I had and it worked fine.

I'm not so sure I didn't get a dud card though either. No worries I sent it back. I'll just wait for one with an aftermarket cooler.

I couldn't get past the cutscene when I started the Atlantis DLC. Every time it would freeze and I couldn't skip the cutscene to get to the action. I swapped in an old 1060 I had and it worked fine.

I'm not so sure I didn't get a dud card though either. No worries I sent it back. I'll just wait for one with an aftermarket cooler.

Well, I do not have the DLC so I cannot comment on that. The game plays great at 1400p on my 5700 but, only played it for 10 minutes and do not have the DLC.

hows 5700 compare to 980ti cards?

980ti sits around the 1070 in performance and the 1070 trades blows with the vega 56 so that should give you a general idea.

Ok, now I'm getting a little worried. The 5700 XT I picked up yesterday is the first open box 5700 XT I've seen at my store (Columbus, OH). I check open box stuff a few times a day, as I sit at a desk all day...

I just checked them now and they have 2 more of the XFX 5700 XT open box for $339. Hmmm...is this card a POS? I haven't had a chance to test it, yet.

most people are probably returning them because of the blower fan being to loud for them.

980ti sits around the 1070 in performance and the 1070 trades blows with the vega 56 so that should give you a general idea.

most people are probably returning them because of the blower fan being to loud for them.

Doubtful, since I have only seen one open box return 5700 and I bought that one. :) Fact is, some may just have expected more than the card is actually rated for and when they did not get that, perhaps just purchased a Super instead. (Although, from my open box purchase, the person returned it to buy the XT instead.)

out of stock in Mayfield MS>

Yeah, that is the one I go to, I live in the Buffalo, NY area, and I bought an open box one on Sunday. :D Next day, I see this sale and they all sold out on the same day. Oh well, timing sucks and all but, my open box one is working great anyways.

Purchased a 3600 and motherboard combo for a build Monday, hopefully they get some in stock soon.

Picked up an open box 5700XT for 339.

do open boxes at microcenter still have manufacturer warranties in addition to microcenter's 15 day return policy on open boxes? it says they do on the microcenter website but when i asked yesterday at microcenter, they said probably no.

do open boxes at microcenter still have manufacturer warranties in addition to microcenter's 15 day return policy on open boxes? it says they do on the microcenter website but when i asked yesterday at microcenter, they said probably no.
MC claims they still have manufacturer warranties but idk. I brought a asrock i9 MB a couple days ago and receipt states it is markdown/clearance. So it should be fine to rma maybe?

Last edited:
I was at the Tustin one and unfortunately none in stock last week, but that was when I bought my ryzen 3600 :/

Ok, now I'm getting a little worried. The 5700 XT I picked up yesterday is the first open box 5700 XT I've seen at my store (Columbus, OH). I check open box stuff a few times a day, as I sit at a desk all day...

I just checked them now and they have 2 more of the XFX 5700 XT open box for $339. Hmmm...is this card a POS? I haven't had a chance to test it, yet.

Everyone is a professional YouTube un-boxer.

Mine had notihing in it other than the card - my assumption was there was a free game(s) ?

They just jacked up the price by $50.
All the 5700 card prices look to have been bumped up. :(

They just jacked up the price by $50.
All the 5700 card prices look to have been bumped up. :(

Theyre showing $349 for me still and $410 for the asus 5700xt, all the other 5700xts arent listed for me anymore. I'm guessing they're not making reference cards anymore in favor of AIBs

Theyre showing $349 for me still and $410 for the asus 5700xt, all the other 5700xts arent listed for me anymore. I'm guessing they're not making reference cards anymore in favor of AIBs
Thank god. Reference models are garbage. My XT loves to hover above 80c even with the best possible airflow. Multimonitor power consumption sucks... they will likely never fix it.. and my 2nd display never sleeps anymore.

My store finally got the 5700xt back in stock. I was only interested in getting the $299 5700 with $50 off combo purchase.

Back