POWERCOLOR Announces Red Dragon RX 460 2GB/4GB GDDR5

HardOCP News

[H] News
TUL Corporation, a leading and innovative manufacturer of AMD graphic cards since 1997, has released a brand new video card in PowerColor Red Dragon RX 460 2GB/4GB GDDR5. It is based on AMD’s latest GCN 4 architecture designed for GloFo 14nm FinFET that delivers premium VR capability, increased level of performance, smooth VR, seamless support for next-gen gaming monitors and CPU-free game streaming or recording. Furthermore, the model also supports AMD’s newest technologies such as Direct 12® and VulkanTM, , FreeSyncTM, and Liquid VR.

PowerColor Red Dragon RX 460 4GB GDDR5 utilizes 4GB of GDDR5 memory with 896 stream processors, ships with 1212MHz core clock speed, and has 1750MHz memory clock speed which is connected via a new high speed 128-bit memory interface. To support proper cooling systems for the card’s heat generation, RX 460 4GB adopts the newest fan technology called Double Blade III using 2 pieces of 80mm 2-ball bearing fans which increase enough air flows and prevents dust deposition on the fans.

No PCI-E Power connector? Close to $100? I think we might have a good 750 TI replacement for mainstream games. If my notebook's 960m can play Overwatch at 1080 on high this thing should do pretty well.

Price is nice, but I seriously doubt you can achieve "premium VR capability" or "smooth VR" from a card that is barely half as powerful as the GTX 970.

HardOCP's review of the RX 480, 1070, and 1080 on the HTC Vive (not the first review but the second one after AMD fixed their drivers) said that moving from card to card in VR were 'virtually indistinguishable' (using single quotes in case it's not exactly what they said). The RX 460 may be a stretch but I wouldn't count it out without seeing a review (or three).

Back