Powercinema is unable to detect DVD-Rom or DVD Error

[Spectre]

[H] Admin
Staff member
So powercinema has decided to start throwing up this error message "powercinema is unable to detect dvd-rom or dvd......". Which I wouldn't care too much about since I don't use the DVD-Rom on the HTPC to watch movies, the problem is this interupts EVERY aspect of power cinema after being on for ~5 minutes. Has anyone run into this issue before or know how to correct it? And yes the DVD-Rom is installed and working properly in Windows and no there is not a DVD in the drive.

I don't think you'll find many using PowerCinema; it's kind of a garbage app. Anyways, restalled PowerCinema?

I'd suggest you ditch it and get Media Portal instead.

Haven't reinstalled it yet, I was kind of hoping there was another solution. As for ditching it, the wife likes it and it has just worked for years now.

Haven't reinstalled it yet, I was kind of hoping there was another solution. As for ditching it, the wife likes it and it has just worked for years now.

Check it out, you guys might like it better. ;)

Otherwise I'd try reinstalling the app to see if that works. Anything else wrong with the machine?

Check it out, you guys might like it better. ;)

I was looking around at it for a bit today but can't find anything about remote support :(

Otherwise I'd try reinstalling the app to see if that works.

I was trying to avoid that because it means locating the disk. o_O

Anything else wrong with the machine?

Nah, runs fine. Wonder if Windows Update hosed something.....

I was looking around at it for a bit today but can't find anything about remote support :(
Remote support is pretty solid. If it works in windows and isn't totally proprietary then good chance it will work in MP. I mostly have MCE remotes hanging around me though but if you need one I do have a Firefly sitting around that I could sell pretty cheap if you're interested.

I've used MCE remotes, the FIrefly and my 360 controller to control MP pretty easily.

What remote are you using? You could just DL it and give it a try too really quick.

Nah, runs fine. Wonder if Windows Update hosed something.....
It often does on mine. I suffered with a major issue with VMC for two and a half months before someone told me that a certain update caused it. :(

Remote support is pretty solid. If it works in windows and isn't totally proprietary then good chance it will work in MP. I mostly have MCE remotes hanging around me though but if you need one I do have a Firefly sitting around that I could sell pretty cheap if you're interested.

I've used MCE remotes, the FIrefly and my 360 controller to control MP pretty easily.

What remote are you using? You could just DL it and give it a try too really quick.

Its the MSI TheatrePro 550 remote. It does its job well enough though it is IR so line of sight sucks.....might take you uip on that Firefly though since it is RF.....

It often does on mine. I suffered with a major issue with VMC for two and a half months before someone told me that a certain update caused it. :(

Yeah I might start rolling back updates and see if that helps first. Just trying to avoid changing the front end since everyone is trained to use this one and I don't want to hear the bitching from the rest of the family (my wife wouldn't be so bad it just the rest of these yahoo's.....).

I think MSI has two remotes they were using (either them or it was Powercolor); a generic (and hence supported) Cyberlink remote and an MCE compatible remote; like an MCE remote lite. Either way it should work.

Back