Power to Nickel Cadmium

antoniohawk

Limp Gawd
My sister has this cheapy lava lamp that she got from my dad. The problem is that it has a Nickel Cadmium battery like this one, but we don't have the cord to charge it up after it goes dead. I was thinking that all that I need is a wall wart, but I wanted to be sure to use the right one. On the battery pack, it says "AA 600mAh 3.6v". Any ideas guys?

All you need is a wall wart that can provide at least 600mA at 3.6 volts. That will work as a replacement for the battery pack. At the same time, however, you probably won't want to try to charge the battery pack with the wall wart--there's a reason there are dedicated battery chargers.

In other words, take out the battery pack and wire up the wall wart in its place.

It looks like we might just need to get the adapter that came with it. A trip to the Rat Shack proved unsuccessful.

I'd have to recheck my charge for RC stuff but you may find something that works in a hobby store for RC (recievers and remote) though most of those are more like 9 volts you may want to ask if those all purpose chargers can do it.. if so they can charge it, I think, real fast too.. mine is like 15 minutes. Just make sure it can handle the 3.6 volts or whatever that battery was. Your's doesn't have a connector ? is it just metal contacts? if so you probably want to find a special charger just for it. .

Can't you just plug the lamp into the wall why would it have a battery? If so you can get a universal DC plug for it from almost any electronics/media store like best buy, cicuit city, media play.. .

Yeah, that's what I was gonna do, skip the battery part all together. Don't I need a wall wart that's rated at 3.6v so that I don't blow the thing?

Back