Power switch probs Fractal S

RicKuRuKuS

[H]ard|Gawd
Just purchased Fractal Design S ... awesome case for a great price on newegg, however after hooking everything up it won't power on. System was functioning properly before, and the green standby LED on mobo is illuminated when I power up PSU. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Thanks in advance for any help.

If you have a multi-meter, test the switch at the two pin connector that plugs into the mobo.
You can use small needles in the connector to make it easier.

disconnect the power button at the mobo and use the reset button in place of the power button or a small screw driver to short the power pins, see if it fires up. if it does you have a doa power button. if not disconnect and reconnect everything making sure all cables are nice and tight. if you have to take eveything out of the case and try it. look for extra stand offs or anything that could short it out. check for bent pins, look in ALL the ports. that should get ya started. good luck!!

Do the fans move at all like it's trying to start or is it completely unresponsive when pressing the power button?

You might also try disconnecting all non-essential hardware and try booting with just the basics to help rule out the other components. Disconnect everything but the keyboard, monitor and power (you might even go a step further and remove the video card if you have onboard video) then try powering up again. I've seen things like faulty USB hubs totally disable a PC just by being plugged in.

Thanks for the reply Fractal, I have seen no fans moving and only have the monitor plugged into the video card no peripherals like keyboards or mice installed... I get home from a work trip today and am going to try all the suggestions, I will repost the results!

1481003726084103029186.jpg
1481003803488-2101642592.jpg

Here are a couple pictures, came home, tried the reset switch and power switch in different positions and tried both buttons, still darkness :(

I have the video card in and out I have tried hard drives plugged in and out, checked for touching pins, tempted to take to a pc repair but I feel it is something simple I am missing!

6 pin into 8 pin aux motherboard power? I'm not sure about that,I don't have manual.

Did you short the pins on the board to see if it will actually power up without using switch?

Is that the correct cable plugged into the CPU power?

It's usually a 4-pin or 8-pin correct?

That looks like it might be a 6-pin video card power cable.

ETA: I see now that Doc mentioned the CPU power too, I bet that's it.

yeah that looks like your pci-e 6 pin power is in your mobo's 8 pin. hopefully that's the problem and that it did hurt anything....

Aaaaaaand this is why I come ask questions here. It was the six pin connector instead of 4... Doh.

Thanks so much for the help and suggestions, case powers on great and is silent as can be! love it!!!

Back