Power Supply shuts off power to Computer randomly? Help

Cooler Master MPY-7501-AFAAG-US MWE 750 Gold Full Modular

<5 MIN use it shuts down, complete power loss.

I have to wiggle wire going into PSU or pull in/out wire in order to restart computer?

What is going on??

added:Not Shutdown but SHUT-OFF Power while in Windows 10.

UPDATE WITH SYSTEM SPECS::
AMD SYSTEM
COMPUTER CASE CORSAIR CARBIDE 275R Mid-Tower CASE
POWER SUPPLY Cooler Master 80+ Gold 750W Power Supply
MOTHERBOARD GIGABYTE X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING MOBO
CPU RYZEN 7 – 2700X
WRAITH SPIRE STOCK COOLER
MEMORY 16GB DDR4 RAM CMK16GX4M2B3000C15
VIDEO CARD PowerColor Red Devil AMD Radeon RX590 8GB
SSD 1 BOOT CRUCIAL SSD 250GB
SSD #2 SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500GB
hdd WD 4TB HDD

Anything else spec wise please ask.,THANKS!

Last edited:
do you know how to open up your PC to see if your CPU cooler has come loose or the fan failed?

Your full computer specs would help in diagnosing the issue.

From the limited information you provide, all I can think of is that there is a bad connection in the power socket to the power cord or something is overloading the power supply and causing it to shut off.

do you know how to open up your PC to see if your CPU cooler has come loose or the fan failed?
CPU Cooler is connected and spiining and when the computer is on for those BRIEF moments it checks out fine with RPM and Temps so it doesn't seem to be the issue.

If I understand your meaning?

Your full computer specs would help in diagnosing the issue.

From the limited information you provide, all I can think of is that there is a bad connection in the power socket to the power cord or something is overloading the power supply and causing it to shut off.
I updated my question with specs.
thanks

I'd reseat all connections and cards.

get another PSU to test with if you can.

Your PSU has mediocre professional reviews and from a quick look on amazon a poor rating with at least 1 user describing your exact same symptoms.

I would start there.

There's nothing in that parts list that would trip OCP. It's not drawing 750w. Did you build this or buy it? Is it running stock, overclocked etc etc?

There's nothing in that parts list that would trip OCP. It's not drawing 750w. Did you build this or buy it? Is it running stock, overclocked etc etc?

I did the FULL test with a Multi Tester on my PSU and all voltages check NORMAL.
I built it, it is running stock, no OC.

What is OCP?

What would be a Better PSU??

This PSU is less than 5 months old, the whole system is too.
Help please, anyone????

Ocp= overcurrent protection. Go with seasonic, evga, corsair for your new psu but make sure you do some research on the unit you like.

I did the FULL test with a Multi Tester on my PSU and all voltages check NORMAL.
I built it, it is running stock, no OC.

What is OCP?

What would be a Better PSU??

This PSU is less than 5 months old, the whole system is too.
Help please, anyone????

Sounds like a defective unit to me. As for better brands, the ones mention below hits the spot.

Ocp= overcurrent protection. Go with seasonic, evga, corsair for your new psu but make sure you do some research on the unit you like.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=EVGA+220-G5-0750-X1&rh=n:1161760&ref=nb_sb_noss
$139 at NewEgg & Amazon

Would this be a much better PSU?

Be a good replacement?

OR, based on my SPECS how low in Watts can I safely go or should not play around?

That's an average psu. I'd probably check some reviews from say toms or somewhere. I used to say jonnyguru but he's retired. You also dont need a 750w unless you just want the padding in case ya upgrade. Also you can get a Corsair RM750 for cheaper than that evga!

https://www.tomshardware.com/topics/power-supplies

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That's an average psu. I'd probably check some reviews from say toms or somewhere. I used to say jonnyguru but he's retired. You also dont need a 750w unless you just want the padding in case ya upgrade. Also you can get a Corsair RM750 for cheaper than that evga!

https://www.tomshardware.com/topics/power-supplies

I'm in a hurry and yes I know it's not good to make a choice on a time scale but I decided to BUY the Corsair RM750

The RMA request system for my Cooler Master PSU is slow and like pulling teeth, they think my street address is a PO BOX and I had to upload a screenshot of my Amazon invoice receipt three times....I guess Cooler Master thinks people buy PSU's mainly from Best Buy and other local stores? Long boring depressing process.

Anyway, I hope my Corsair RM750 was a good choice, thanks to you and all for your help.

--PLEASE-- add any other comments you think could assist me...anything at all.

Back