Power Supply fan is dead??

KSL

Weaksauce
Recently I got a new computer case (Antec TX1050B) which came with a 500Watt SmartPower 2.0 power supply. This morning when I turned my computer on, I hear this really loud rattling noise and not know where it came from. Then I looked at the back and saw the power supply fan isn't moving anymore. This led me to opening up the case to check if everything else was working okay. Then I see that there is another fan on the PS. (so there is one in the front and another on the back). Now, I have never owned a really decent power supply such as Antec or any other well known brands, always used the really cheap stuff. Anyhow, my question is....is the fan in the back of the power supply dead? or is it when the unit gets too hot the back fan turns itself on?

Sorry for such noob question, thanks for any replies
KSL

One of the fans in my new SmartPower 2.0 unit is not spinning. Is that right?

YES! SmartPower 2.0 features Antec's unique Dual Fan Technology: the exhaust fan only starts to spin when the power supply reaches a certain temperature. The rest of the time it stays off for maximum quiet operation. (And don't worry about that, either: the second fan, inside the case, spins on power up for constant quiet ventilation.)

http://www.antec.com/us/support_productInfo_details.php?ProdID=26500#

:eek:

Back