Power Requirements for 6 Card Rig

PiERiT

2[H]4U
I've got a rig running the board and ram and cpu and gpu0 on a 650w and five more gpus on a 1000w. All of the cards are RX 580s.

I'd like to take the 650w to use in a separate single card rig, leaving the 1000w to run everything. Is that feasible? I don't have anything to measure power draw and I'd rather not try it and risk something breaking, so I'm hoping someone has a similar rig and an accurate power measurement already.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I'll look into that. Undervolting is done in the bios I assume, with Polaris bios editor?

I'm running ethOS so I think editing the BIOS is probably my only option.

yeah. Main reason why I use windows for my AMD miners. Nvidia cards can manage power limit in nix, but its limited on AMD

If you wait long enough you can adjust the voltage in MSI Afterburner. You can also specify the power limit in most miners. For me, setting the power target to -30 is good enough compared to undervolting.

I'm running ethOS so I think editing the BIOS is probably my only option.

yeah. Main reason why I use windows for my AMD miners. Nvidia cards can manage power limit in nix, but its limited on AMD

Yeah, and I've had pretty poor luck with undervolting most of my cards via BIOS changes. I've only hung onto ethOS for the convenience of monitoring. Its sure costing me a lot in power though :/

Back