Power LED on new build not blinking when in sleep/standby state, need some help.

JagVR4

Weaksauce
Hey fellas,

Hopefully this is the right sub forum, I just wondering if anyone can help me. I've hooked up everything for my new HTPC build (below in sig) and installed Windows 7 x64. Everything works good until I try to put the PC in sleep mode. The whole computer seems to shut off and all lights go out (no blinking power led light). The power LED for my case is only a two pin connector and it seems everything is connected right. I have the power LED hooked up to the FPANEL but per the mobo instructions there is another spot for PWR_LED on the motherboard, should I try that out?

Overall it seems like the entire computer is going into hibernate rather than sleep. I checked the ACPI modes in the BIOS and all seems good (set to S3) as well as all modes in WIndows & (choosing "sleep"), any ideas what could be going on? I need this comp to act correctly with sleep modes since it will be used for HTPC duty =).

Thanks for any help!

-Best,

Jag

N/M re-read the mobo manual and it appears that when in S3 state all LED lights are out. However I am still having sleep problems but I will post that in another forum.

Thanks!

-Jag

Back