Power LED and MoBo LED come on for a split second. Then nothing..

zawada101

Limp Gawd
Hey guys, i recently had to buy a new motherboard as my last one died. I bought the same model Gigabyte UD3L, so i could keep all my same setting and not have to reformat. But after reinstalling everything, i try to turn the computer on and nothing. The front power LED will come on for a split second, and then it will just go off. I disconnected the PWR SW from the front of the case to the motherboard and tried to short the pins manually, but it does the exact same thing. The motherboard LEDs will flash and the fans will attempt to spin, but its all just for a very short amount of time.
Does anyone have any ideas of what could cause this? I have a corsair hx 620w psu in there too.

thanks a lot.

Bah, im gonna have to take it all out some other day. I just took so long putting it all together.
Anyone else have any other ideas? or is that probably what it is...?

Follow the stickied 'Basic TroubleShooting Guide" for the steps on what to do when your PC does not POST. Then report back after you've follow those steps.

Bah... i was taking it all apart and i noticed my USB pci card had a loose connector on it and one of the pins was effed up on it. Everything works fine now.
Sorry for the post.

Ok. So everything was working great. But now the exact same thing is happening. I swapped the motherboard out with the same one. Things were great. Now i come home and my computer is off, and it is doing the exact same thing. I will press power on it, and it will instantly go on then right back off.
What the hell...

My guess - power supply is bad. Try breadboarding to rule out a short.

When you build your own pc's it helps to have redundant stuff around for trouble shooting!

My guess - power supply is bad. Try breadboarding to rule out a short.

When you build your own pc's it helps to have redundant stuff around for trouble shooting!

would be handy indeed... a pity that you dont' have anything useful if you only build every 5 years :)

Back