Power DVD 11 Ultra Issue...help?

fatrat

Supreme [H]ardness
When attempting to play a new blue ray I just bought, Taken 2, I get the following error:

1. Dialogue box that says "Cyberlink Power DVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when playback stops"

2. After I push the OK button, I get a dialogue box that says "This is your first time playing a BD-Rom title. You need to select a region for BD-Rom playback, which you may select up to 5 times. Select one below, then click OK." Below that, is a region code selector, which gives you the option to check from 3 regions (A, B, C which I take it is pretty standard)...there is also a counter which shows how many times you have left to select a region, and this is set to 0 times left.

3. After messing with that for awhile (and failing to select a region). I am greeted with a dialogue box that says: code 800401f9 than says error in the dll.

Somw quick facts:

a. have the latest version which is 3318

b. I've already done the uninstall, then reinstall with no results.

Can someone tell me exactly what is going on?

Have you seen this? http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16303.page

It looks like Avast was causing the issue in this case, perhaps it is an issue with your AV software.

Disabled auto protect and smart firewall...issue still remains. Thanks though. :)

I'm beginning to think it may be a defectve blue ray disk....tried DAPlayer and TMT6 (trial version) and neither of those work with it either. DAPlayer crashes, and TMT6 has audio, but no video.

Video drivers are latest and greatest AMD Radeon.

Update: Windvd 11 also shows a black screen...need to have it tested in a stand alone blue ray player to verify disk is defective. :(

Last edited:
Well, fixed it after fucking with it for two days.

All it took was $50, an upgrade to powerdvd 12, then it needed a further downloaded patch to make it all work.

Good for yet another year. Beginning to think it would be cheaper to just use the on-demand hd movie service my cable offers. :eek:

I'm going to tell you...I got so pissed off with PowerDVD and other players on my system....that I finally switched over the XBMC...it has it's own players built in...and since it bitstreams audio to your receiver, you don't need to worry about any codec support (which was the problem under Windows cause updates tend to kill stuff). I'm leaving third-party players behind. XBMC seems to play everything....from blu-ray iso to MKV to other stuff.

Well apparently I have the same problem, and the software was working fine less than a week ago. I hate computers some days.

I have this issue too. Does anyone have a solution for it yet? I am not paying to upgrade to power dvd 12, i just paid 50 dollars for 11 a year ago... what a rip off.

I got into the "well, even though nothing changed we broke something so give us more money" issue with both major vendors. Basically...screw them on BLU-RAY. So my current method is a stand alone player (PS3) if I want to see the extras and I rip/strip the movie for my server.

Don´t worry and DON´T SPENT MONEY. The problem is caused by the latest Windows update.

"En respuesta a su consulta le comunicamos que el problema es debido a la última actualización de Windows."

Once i contacted with Cyberlink i got a link to a new patch to correct this problem.
YOUR BR PLAYER UNITS WORKS FINE. Do not get any other (you will get the same error message or code).
And now my BR player works again with your 4 changes remaining and the correct "B" region code (the real old settings).

Back