power acoustik pt-56 color for 10 minutes

fireking

Limp Gawd
i just recently accquired a power acoustik pt-56 5.6 inch lcd color monitor, mainly used in audio/video applications within vehicles (built for head rest video).

anyways, the specs say it takes 12v DC, and it is NTSC compatible. so i figured, what the hell, i'll hook it up to the pc and see whats up

well i did, and it worked great, full color and everything, i set it up to display visualizations while music is goin and shit, and it was cool, but then about 10 minutes later, all color was lost, and it was black and white...

ok, i turn it off, and unplug it, restart the pc, wait for a little bit (i had to go do something), came back, hooked it up, and there was color again

i've tried this 3 times now, and the color just goes out after a certain amount of time, no matter what i do

does anyone know what could be causing this? i plan to put this screen in my future car, to allow me to control windows media player to listen to mp3's

btw, i have it hooked to yellow and black off a molex connector, which is supposed to be 12 volts

hm did you just powered it using your pc's power?

did you hooked it up as a 3rd dispaly or what? hehe, i have 2 audiovox screens here too, dunno what to do with it

yes, i mentioned that the screen is hooked up to the yellow and black on one of the power supply's molex connectors

which is supposed to be 12 volts

the video is coming from the tv out on my motherboard

maybe because a car battery outputs a different wattage than a pc power supply does?

you know what, im gonna chop up one of my audiovox stuff and test this, i'll let you know.

Back