PostgreSQL 8.4?

brumby05

Limp Gawd
What is PostgreSQL 8.4? I was going through my list of programs to try and clean out some that I don't need and I found it. It says that it is using up 105gb of hdd space, which I'm not sure is correct because I checked the file on my drive and it only says 160mb. I'm wondering if I even need it, apparently it was installed last November but I can't remember what I installed during that time.

What is PostgreSQL 8.4? I was going through my list of programs to try and clean out some that I don't need and I found it. It says that it is using up 105gb of hdd space, which I'm not sure is correct because I checked the file on my drive and it only says 160mb. I'm wondering if I even need it, apparently it was installed last November but I can't remember what I installed during that time.

It's a relational database server software.

Would a program like matlab, labview, sigmaplot or miktex? Use it, those are the only programs I installed that might use it.
If I uninstall it, could I mess anything up, or could I just reinstall after to fix it?

Possibly. One of them might use it as a backend for holding (large tables of) data - you'll almost have to research it.

Back