Post your Zen 2/2+ memory speeds!

I believe they are Hynix .. with just 2 I ran them at PC3400 with same timings 1.35v .. If I remember, they wouldn't do c14 @ 3200 ... Currently they run stock at 1.2v .. never messed with them much but running 4 sticks at over 2933 is kinda a big deal from what I've read and like I said, I couldn't do 3200 on my 2700x's memory controller with all 4 plugged in... I couldn't even get 4 sticks period to run stable on my wifes 2200g. I upgraded her to the 3400g and she's running 4 8g sticks of of some Oloy brand pc3200 RGB bling bling stuff... :)

I have my 2700x in my daughters mini-ITX setup with 2 x 16GB PC3000 stuff that I had to dial down to 2600 speeds to get stable... otherwise random blue screens

I run the ASRock X470 SLI/ac, Daughter is ASRock Fat1lity B350 Gaming, Wife has the ASUS Prime B350

For DK
3800 Mhz CL16-16-11-16-36-52 1T @ 1.36v SOC 1.05 62ns
62ns.jpg

This is mine from today with stock timings on memory clocked at 1900 instead of the stock 1800.

Attachments

• cachemem101919.png
    cachemem101919.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2x16) 3200 CL16 originally

Attachments

• Crucial BLS16G4D32AESB.png
    Crucial BLS16G4D32AESB.png
    801.1 KB · Views: 0
Ryzen 3800X w/ Noctua D15 and Crucial Balistix Sport AT 3200 TUF edition (micron e-die) @ 3600 w/ 1800 Fclk on ASUS TUF X570 (non wifi) not sure why the board always wants to clock the cpu 25mhz below stock? weak.
used timings from Ryzen DRAM calculator but they are the slowest ones so I still have some more tweaking to do when i get time.
16-19-19-38 1t
51,400 Read / 28,799 Write / 51,583 Copy

edit: just bumped it up to 3666/1833 and now i'm sitting at 52,133 / 29,332 / 52,393 still seems slow compared to everyone else. oh well.

sys_specs.png

mem_read.png

mem_write.png

mem_copy.png

Last edited:
Ryzen 3800X w/ Noctua D15 and Crucial Balistix Sport AT 3200 TUF edition (micron e-die) @ 3600 w/ 1800 Fclk on ASUS TUF X570 (non wifi) not sure why the board always wants to clock the cpu 25mhz below stock? weak.
used timings from Ryzen DRAM calculator but they are the slowest ones so I still have some more tweaking to do when i get time.
16-19-19-38 1t
51,400 Read / 28,799 Write / 51,583 Copy

edit: just bumped it up to 3666/1833 and now i'm sitting at 52,133 / 29,332 / 52,393 still seems slow compared to everyone else. oh well.

View attachment 254076

They will get much better. Keep tweaking. :)

561 trfc..
yeah, was just going by DRAM Calc 1.7.3 thought it sounded high too because i've never had to enter a value that high before but i'm new to DDR4 OC'ing. do you think that's what's holding things back? found out the hard way this morning it can't go but so low. tried something in the mid 300's and it wouldn't post. had to clear cmos and start over. just went back to what i had before. may try and mess with it again later but with a smaller jump. but even if i change the speed down to like 3200 in the calc it doesn't go down but so much. any suggestions? also i found this chart if it helps anyone.

trfc chart.png

d3athf1sh Have you played with these settings yet?

Untitled.png

The termination / cad_bus block settings do have a significant impact on ram stability at high(er) clock rates.

Edit: Good article here about the above settings and others.

Last edited:
d3athf1sh Have you played with these settings yet?

View attachment 254301

The termination / cad_bus block settings do have a significant impact on ram stability at high(er) clock rates.

Edit: Good article here about the above settings and others.

thanks! yeah i dialed in every setting they gave me that i could find. I was thinking about trying to copy down the settings for like 32 or 3400 speeds and then using them for 3733. The newest version of dram calc requires you to get a report from thaiphoon burner but changing the readouts to nano seconds and then they usually only give you only one set of timings. I'm starting to think that they are basically trying to keep your ram at the same data rate as xmp but letting you run the Fabric at close to 1900 as you can get (by loosening timings) but not really squeezing out any more performance from the ram? idk. i'm gonna keep digging tho.

yeah, was just going by DRAM Calc 1.7.3 thought it sounded high too because i've never had to enter a value that high before but i'm new to DDR4 OC'ing. do you think that's what's holding things back? found out the hard way this morning it can't go but so low. tried something in the mid 300's and it wouldn't post. had to clear cmos and start over. just went back to what i had before. may try and mess with it again later but with a smaller jump. but even if i change the speed down to like 3200 in the calc it doesn't go down but so much. any suggestions? also i found this chart if it helps anyone.

View attachment 254292

Are you at 1.45v? You should be able to go sub 300.

yeah. maybe it's because my memory kit is only rated for up to 3200 and i'm already at 3666? but that's what dram calc is saying for my memory type..? i've tried messing with the calc settings and it never recommends anything anywhere close to the 300's let alone below. did you guys use dram calc for your timings?

i may even try some older versions of the calc too and see what they say.

just wanted to show you this from thaiphoon burner audit. if you look down at xmp specs it's rating trfc at 560 so not sure i'll ever be able to do sub 300...

also they are 16GB sticks so they are dual rank. guess that slows things down a hair too. but i wanted to have 32GB and not have to have 4 sticks (which slows things down).
i notice a lot of the super high perfomance kits are 2x8 so prob single rank.

xmp specs.png

Last edited:
Just started getting into messing with my RAM/IF a little bit more after seeing that initially I wasn't showing coupled according to Ryzen Master .. I just have a couple inexpensive HyperX 16GB 3200 modules with fairly relaxed timings to work with. Looking at everybody else's results, I guess these are doing ok
3800.jpg

Just started getting into messing with my RAM/IF a little bit more after seeing that initially I wasn't showing coupled according to Ryzen Master .. I just have a couple inexpensive HyperX 16GB 3200 modules with fairly relaxed timings to work with. Looking at everybody else's results, I guess these are doing ok
View attachment 254815
what is your trfc clock? and are you running gear down mode?

This was from today. I am still playing around as Ryzen Calculator says I can tweak more. I just have not been able to get her to boot with all the setting they suggest and I pushed DRAM V to 1.47 in BIOS which actually runs it at 1.5V. I had to keep resetting the BIOS and going back to this. This is in a 4x8GB setup with IF=MEMCLK at 1900Mhz.

Attachments

• 1593310207377.png
    1593310207377.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
  • ZenTimings_Screenshot3800-627.png
    ZenTimings_Screenshot3800-627.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 0
just wanted to show you this from thaiphoon burner audit. if you look down at xmp specs it's rating trfc at 560 so not sure i'll ever be able to do sub 300...

also they are 16GB sticks so they are dual rank. guess that slows things down a hair too. but i wanted to have 32GB and not have to have 4 sticks (which slows things down).
i notice a lot of the super high perfomance kits are 2x8 so prob single rank.

View attachment 254436

Honestly, I just went the highest speed I could go at 1.45v with looser timings, then I just tightened primary timings and trfc from there. That pretty much gets you 90% of your potential performance. After that just lower things like tfaw and trdd-l but you really won't get much more performance.

Some ram defaults really high trfc, but they can still get it way down. The kits come factory to work with the absolute worst memory controllers.

This was from today. I am still playing around as Ryzen Calculator says I can tweak more. I just have not been able to get her to boot with all the setting they suggest and I pushed DRAM V to 1.47 in BIOS which actually runs it at 1.5V. I had to keep resetting the BIOS and going back to this. This is in a 4x8GB setup with IF=MEMCLK at 1900Mhz.

3800 cas14 😎

what is your trfc clock? and are you running gear down mode?
oh my ..
trfc = 666
I don't think I'm running gear down mode .. I'll double check though

~Gear down set to auto . .and when disabled, system won't boot :nailbiting:
~now I see where it's listed in Ryzen Master for GDM .. and it says enabled .. even when I run XMP 3200mhz profile (with AUTO settings in BIOS). I manually set the Trfc to 600 .. now my computer isn't evil anymore o_O

Last edited:
3800 cas14 😎

Yeah it is a nice kit. 3600C14-15-15-30. I am running, as you can see, 3800C14-15-15-30 on it and it is perfectly stable. I will at some point keep playing with the 4-6 settings that the Ryzen Calculator suggest, if I do them all at once I can not boot or even get into BIOS to make anymore changes. Luckily I have a reset button on the back plane and I save the working settings in a BIOS Profile. Next time I am bored enough to keep re-booting and testing and on and on trying one setting at a time I will see what I may be able to gain. Pretty satisfied with what it is doing now compared to my last kit that was 3600C18 and would do 3800C18. Much better latency and test numbers on this new kit. Below are the Corsair kit results and the G-Skill ones. Shows what better timings gain.

Attachments

• cachemem0608Corsair.png
    cachemem0608Corsair.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
  • cachememGS3800-627.png
    cachememGS3800-627.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
Yeah it is a nice kit. 3600C14-15-15-30. I am running, as you can see, 3800C14-15-15-30 on it and it is perfectly stable. I will at some point keep playing with the 4-6 settings that the Ryzen Calculator suggest, if I do them all at once I can not boot or even get into BIOS to make anymore changes. Luckily I have a reset button on the back plane and I save the working settings in a BIOS Profile. Next time I am bored enough to keep re-booting and testing and on and on trying one setting at a time I will see what I may be able to gain. Pretty satisfied with what it is doing now compared to my last kit that was 3600C18 and would do 3800C18. Much better latency and test numbers on this new kit. Below are the Corsair kit results and the G-Skill ones. Shows what better timings gain.
The easiest way I've found to rapidly and reliably test ram settings plus prevent possible OS corruption (done that several times while pushing memory), SSD/HD corruption etc. is using the USB bootable version of PassMark MemTest86:
https://www.memtest86.com/
At top of page for download is free USB version which will boot if your bios is setup to boot from USB first. I enable all CPU cores or threads and start testing. If the setting is bad it will immediately identify that which you can go right back into the bios, once you honed into your settings, let it do 4 passes which for my 64gb TR system takes about 9 hours. Been testing and adjusting new build now for about 5 days straight 24hr a day which really is a few minutes adjusting the settings and then letting Memtest86 do it's thing. The bootable image also has speed tests, latency test which can be useful to see differences in your settings.

I was messing around with the bios on my strix-e after flashing the latest 2203 bios. Setup is stock on cpu, slight bump on soc to 1.05v, ram at 3800/1900 fabric at latencies c15. Ran the the cache bench then some R20.

cachemem2.png

3900x_stock_tuned.png

Reactions: noko
like this
Impressive results here but Renoir looks to take it to another level:
https://www.techpowerup.com/269223/...extremely-low-latency-explains-tiny-l3-caches

Sub 50ns latency and near 70 gb/s reads shows a very impressive memory controller. The f clocks reaching 2100 mhz+ looks to be how this is achieved. The downside is that the cache is only 1/4 the size. Curious to see how this affects gpus at different resolutions. For the igpu, i would imagine the lower latency helps more than the smaller cache hurts.

20200630_203414.jpg

Impressive results here but Renoir looks to take it to another level:
https://www.techpowerup.com/269223/...extremely-low-latency-explains-tiny-l3-caches

Sub 50ns latency and near 70 gb/s reads shows a very impressive memory controller. The f clocks reaching 2100 mhz+ looks to be how this is achieved. The downside is that the cache is only 1/4 the size. Curious to see how this affects gpus at different resolutions. For the igpu, i would imagine the lower latency helps more than the smaller cache hurts.

View attachment 257881

The thing about those chips is that they are monolithic dies and not 3 different parts like a Zen 2 chip is. So they can run the mem bus higher in them. Hopefully with Zen 3 AMD has boosted the IF frequency so we can get higher MEMCLK:IF speeds.

Back