Post your X800XT-PE stock cooled overclocks!

Mister E

2[H]4U
What the title says. I'm interested to see the overclocks that some of you guys and gals get. Stock cooling overclocks only please!!! Please post the manufacturer of your card and you system specs (including your case) if they aren't in your sig.

I've hit 560/580 but its not completely stable in all benches. 550/575 is 100% stable. On a built by ATI x800xtpe in an Antec Sonta series case. Not to bad........

What do you get? :D

545/575 is the highest I've tried.

I just did that to break 6k in 3dmark05. I run it at stock in games for it doesn't really need to be overclocked and I want it to last.

570/570 so far. Will be ordering a TEC this week. Oh, and hooking it up with a Vmod.

530/570 but it crashes with Doom3. Piss!

Go figure. This is even with a better heatsink and fan too! :mad:

Those are some decent overclocks. Let's keep 'em coming.

And only stock cooled overclock numbers please.

ThisMonsterLives said:
545/575 is the highest I've tried.

I just did that to break 6k in 3dmark05. I run it at stock in games for it doesn't really need to be overclocked and I want it to last.
Looks like you've hit the average maximum overclock (546MHz - 5%) based on the results so far.

The X800XT-PE isn't much of an overclocker with the stock HSF. But like you said, it doesn't really need the extra speed - it's the quickest D3D card out there right now.

Great bit of kit if you can get one. ;)

I have gone as high as 560/580, but only for a short period of time, and my system was stable.

maybe this wont count but i currently have a artic cooler installed on my soft modded x800 pro--> xt pe to 605/595 completly stable with no artifacts. i guess im real lucky.

anyways this isnt STOCK cooling but it is on AIR .............

560/594 is what I currently run mine in 3d aps.
Stock cooled, but I did add as ceramique to the core surface.

560/580 stable. Ran a couple loops of '03 and some games for awhile, no artifacts but no discernable performance increase so I dropped it back to stock. Yes..its the stock hsf.

Vengance_01 said:
hawk, have you tried re-setting it, and adding a bit more paste?

No, haven't tried re-doing it. But I also haven't tried the new ATITool .23 either which is supposed to fix the "find max core" for the X800.

I have off from work the next 3 days. I'll give it a go and report back.

I just don't think I have a good overclocking card without volt modding.

Back