Post Your Workstations 2019

Mad Maxx

Supreme [H]ardness
[H]appy New Year!

desk.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Do you work with audio, or just really like music?
I'm just a big fan of great audio. I work at home and am on the computer up to 12-14 hours/day. I figure it's well worth investing some $$ to get excellent audio for games, music, video, etc.

I'm just a big fan of great audio. I work at home and am on the computer up to 12-14 hours/day. I figure it's well worth investing some $$ to get excellent audio for games, music, video, etc.

I agree very much. Home office for me too.

What speakers are those? You guy's are making me really want an audio upgrade.
Those are M-Audio BX5. they are pretty decent. Generally sell for $150 each, but I got them on sale for $75 each a few years ago.

I am using a pair of Alesis M1 Active MK2 monitors on my gaming setup. I've had these speakers for over 13 years now. I am using an M-Audio BX Subwoofer which were paired with the BX5's when I had them down here in the garage, but swapped the speakers a year and half ago.
IMG_2159.JPG

This is an awesome custom built desk. I was designing something similar last year.

Thanks.

I highly recommend the Acacia wood. It is considerably harder than Oak and tools very well. At least in my experience it isn't brittle or chip prone at all. I had no trouble routing edges in it with no breakout even routing with the spin.

20190102_205605.jpg

I made another desk for my "office desk" with the same wood.
20190111_120318.jpg
20190111_120325.jpg
=

I just cut and fit a kitchen counter top into the his and her gaming station over the weekend. This was to replace cheap table tops that was showing some wear. I also did some cable management.
IMG_20190118_131525.jpg
IMG_20190119_173356.jpg

Last edited:
Apologize for the potato quality pics. I need better lighting in here. I do prefer it a bat cave though. lol Almost all the systems are hooked up and playable. I am bout to replace the crappy triple 24's with some decent 1080 gaming monitors.

(Ignore the cord under the desk, just dumping some files off an old system before giving it to my brother)

5nvcunw.jpg

eJchboE.jpg

bYzypLr.jpg

pJIK3RM.jpg

Room is a mess atm but I did get my i7 7820X back from RMA and built a backup pc with that

rebuilt X299.jpg

Cable management is a bit iffy as there is not much on top to route cables trough, also the radiator did not fit up there but should be fine at the front.

Case is a Corsair carbide 275R (went on the cheaper side for a backup pc) it's nice for the price, bit tight but will do just fine.

Your build is nuts. Where did you get the Apollo 11 prints from?

That is a great question. Thanks for asking. The two prints on the left of Armstrong and Aldrin are prints taken from the actual film negatives from the camera both astronauts used. My dad worked for Eastman Kodak for 35 years and was able to get prints from someone inside the company. I have had them all my life..they were on the wall in my bedroom when I was just a little kid....

The other print of Buzz Aldrin was a print I received when I met him in person about 20 years ago...he signed the photo and then I incorporated it into a custom frame with all the Apollo mission patches.

-M

That is a great question. Thanks for asking. The two prints on the left of Armstrong and Aldrin are prints taken from the actual film negatives from the camera both astronauts used. My dad worked for Eastman Kodak for 35 years and was able to get prints from someone inside the company. I have had them all my life..they were on the wall in my bedroom when I was just a little kid....

The other print of Buzz Aldrin was a print I received when I met him in person about 20 years ago...he signed the photo and then I incorporated it into a custom frame with all the Apollo mission patches.

-M

Not gonna lie, I'm a little more jealous of the prints than that insane build :p

I just cut and fit a kitchen counter top into the his and her gaming station over the weekend. This was to replace cheap table tops that was showing some wear. I also did some cable management. View attachment 136663 View attachment 136664

Updated the 'Hers & His' dual pc case and did my first hard tubing. She gets the pink fluid.

Nearly all water cooling parts were from aliexpress. If I could do the bends over again it would be better. Maybe when it's time to move on from the 1080tis.
IMG_20190307_194801.jpg
IMG_20190307_194810.jpg
IMG_20190307_193301.jpg
IMG_20190307_193752.jpg

IMG_20190307_195554.jpg

Sorry about that I didn't try adding to the cart, I just assumed. I started looking at cases which I haven't looked at in 5 years and their isn't any cases I like today. I guess I will hold on to my dinosaur.

Back