Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, total cost was $0.00. I can't complain.

That's my favorite price ;)

ard folks for supporting geekness! I look forward to a future [H]ard Lifestyle with all of you!

The seatbelt thing = clever on a budget ;) and also absorbs some shock and vibration.

[H] is a pretty cool place with lots of supportive and helpful people, have fun!

Oh and Thermodynamics huh? Nice! I had a discussion awhile back with a physics professor about the thermodynamics of black holes, that was a fun conversation.

snapping around to see if my camera will still suck the life out my batteries in 10 minutes,
so i thought id share what I snapped

DSC02530.jpg

DSC02534.jpg

DSC02536.jpg

Im thinking about switching back to a single T260HD when I'm not lazy to disconnect everything.

I have the Razer Lycosa Keyboard.. got it on a woot.com sell off. I love it!

I'm using 5500's like every other [H] Bandwagoner :)

jw though, how do those mako's hit for 2.1's?

I have the Razer Lycosa Keyboard.. got it on a woot.com sell off. I love it!

Tell me does the mirror finish attract dust like crazy? Or scratch easily for that matter? I have heard lots of good things about that board but those 2 issues seem to keep popping up.

Tell me does the mirror finish attract dust like crazy? Or scratch easily for that matter? I have heard lots of good things about that board but those 2 issues seem to keep popping up.

I have got the Mirror Edition (all mirror finish) and i can say from 6 months or so of constant use that is doesn't attract dust more than any other board. It also seems to be fairly scratch resistant. It does, however, show off finger prints / smudges somewhat. I just use a the cloth that is came with or a shirt to wipe it down every week or 2. Overall i am very happy with the keyboard. Reviews I had read before getting it said the backlighting was way too weak, but i think it is completely adequate. It isn't overly bright, but it the letters / symbols are clearly visible in light, and are plenty bright at night / in the dark (what backlighting is really for). I like that it isn't giant like most gaming keyboards *cough G15 cough* Great keyboard IMO

You like Razor products much? I want those speakers but if they were cheaper. :(

Don't get the Mako speakers, they're good speakers, yeah, but with that kind of money, you could be spending it on other high-end speakers that sounds better

Don't get the Mako speakers, they're good speakers, yeah, but with that kind of money, you could be spending it on other high-end speakers that sounds better

You know, that's probably why lillimon04 said "if they were cheaper."

He's part of my set-up... I couldn't include the other 3 laptops and my media center in the photo...

10092009115.jpg

10092009113.jpg

Those speakers work pretty well, I love them. Eventually I want to get some speakers and build them into the desk like the thru fittings for my wires. I'm also planning on getting 2 other thru fittings for a dock for my iphone and a usb hub.

Thanks for the compliments on the steins, here's a close up for ya.
3909297614_44843b7515_b.jpg

Thanks modred, Yeah that mouse pad is the best i've ever owned. My only gripe is that the rubber paddings on both sides came off so I had to cut a mat to put under it so it doesn't slide/scratch the desk.

Yeah the stien does say Germany is Beautiful if you look for a direct translation but it could be construed as nice, or great, or anything in between. Either way, Germany is both nice and beautiful. lol.

The middle one is my favorite, it is modeled after the Rothenburg Clock Tower in Germany and yes, the clock in it is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back