Post Your Workstation 2009!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks,

Got the SX270 from a company that went out of business. Luckly. i got the hard drive, cdr & powercord with it. Most of them get stripped before you can get your hands on them

Ahh, okay - yeah, that really annoys me whenever a company goes out of business: They always find it necessary to strip down the entire PC. I mean, if they have really sensitive data - why not just remove the Hard Drive? Anyhow, yeah, as the previous user said, WHS would run fine on it - I think HP sells the micro-tower ones, as well....hmm....

Been a while since I posted my setup.

My Desk and Quad Mon Setup. PC Specs: i7 920, 12GB DDR3 1333, 2 x WD1001FALS, 2 x 8600GT, MSI x58 Pro.
P1000328.jpg

Xbox Stashed in back connected via HDMI to one of the Acer LCDs.
P1000329.jpg

Printer and boxes, old books and random crap.
P1000327.jpg

More random stuff, CDs, Wall mounted PC, scarab, etc.
P1000325.jpg

P1000336.jpg

P1000335.jpg

Laptop, a testing station for quickly connecting PCs, and a few hard drives.
P1000332.jpg

Entrance to my Office
P1000333.jpg

Been a while since I posted my setup.

Justin Long, eh? You're the Mac from the 'I'm A Mac' commercials, and you've got an 'I'm A PC' sticker on your door, a bunch of Microsoft products, and no evidence of owning Apple products? :eek: :p

Nice setup. Looks good. I think you need more hard drives though. :D

I figured with the "I'm a PC" sticker, and the mass amounts of Halo stuff, along with an entire row of older windows software you worked for them :)

Thanks.
I work for Microsoft, but I do not have a typical workspace. Well the office size is typical, but I've brought in a lot of personal hardware and furniture.
ah lucky you. get me a job there please?!

also, i really want a "im a pc" sticker like that.

I'm a Mac :cool:

p1000109y.jpg

The desktop and the 17" are PCs though :p

Not to be douche bag, but i really dislike macs. I mean for a 24" mac you get this

# 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
# 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
# 1.0TB Serial ATA Drive
# NVIDIA GeForce GT 130 512MB
# Apple Mighty Mouse
# Apple Keyboard (English) and User's Guide

and it costs $2200

And with a pc you can get all that ahrdware and a 24" monitor for around $500-$600.
This means you are paying like $1600-$1800 JUST FOR MAC SOFTWARE :(

And here is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MB420LL/A?mco=NDE4Mzg5OQ for all who dont believe

Not to be douche bag, but i really dislike macs. I mean for a 24" mac you get this

# 1.0TB Serial ATA Drive
# Apple Mighty Mouse

and it costs $2200

And with a pc you can get all that ahrdware and a 24" monitor for around $500-$600.

And here is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MB420LL/A?mco=NDE4Mzg5OQ for all who dont believe

This isn't the place. If you wanna talk about it, take it here: http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=74
(and for the record, you can't get all that hardware AND a 24in monitor for $500-$600. The monitor alone, (not the crappy acer stuff, but something that matches the quality of the apple displays) would cost $300-$500)

lixuelai I LOVE your setup! That's what i want to have one day. Just get a better desk ;)

Haha Im back home from college and dug that out of the garage :p Before it was that small white table on the side -.-"

Anyway not going to turn this into a Mac vs PC... I buy what I like, that is all there is to it. :)

This is my desk , with Dual 22" monitors, any comments or suggestions will be greatly appreciated, i am 16 and have worked and paid for all of it my self.

I will be gettin a bigger wrap around corner desk soon keep an eye for an update :)

S7301946.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
S7301944.jpg

Many thanks :) :p:D

# 1.0TB Serial ATA Drive
# Apple Mighty Mouse

and it costs $2200

Lulz, dude, Its a personal choice. Geez. And your not paying 1600 for mac software. Your paying for build quality(lets see you shuv a whole computer into something that small without it turning into an oven), the service that you can get (my friend had his 2008 mac pro replaced with a 2009 8 core because his old one got a corrupt hard drive.) So don't go around dissing apple.

/rant

It's the tunerless T240. Not a big fan actually. No VESA and the stand sucks, wobbly and a huge footprint. I really miss having a glossy screen, but that's my own fault. Vertical viewing angles are atrocious and since there's no way to adjust height and you can only barely adjust tilt, you're stuck either elevating the whole unit or your seat.

Of course, my opinion may be skewed. I spend all day looking at computer monitors so when I get home from work, I'm pretty burnt out. I just find it very hard to look at for any extended period of time which is not a problem I've had with previous LCDs.

When I bought it, it was between this and the HP w2408h. I ultimately passed on the HP because it was $50 more and would have required me to buy a $50 HDMI to DVI cable. Of course now I would jump all over it, but its out of production, and I'm not throwing down for their new 23" 16:9 screen that also lacks a DVI port.

It's the tunerless T240. Not a big fan actually. No VESA and the stand sucks, wobbly and a huge footprint. I really miss having a glossy screen, but that's my own fault. Vertical viewing angles are atrocious and since there's no way to adjust height and you can only barely adjust tilt, you're stuck either elevating the whole unit or your seat.

Of course, my opinion may be skewed. I spend all day looking at computer monitors so when I get home from work, I'm pretty burnt out. I just find it very hard to look at for any extended period of time which is not a problem I've had with previous LCDs.

When I bought it, it was between this and the HP w2408h. I ultimately passed on the HP because it was $50 more and would have required me to buy a $50 HDMI to DVI cable. Of course now I would jump all over it, but its out of production, and I'm not throwing down for their new 23" 16:9 screen that also lacks a DVI port.

Maybe a adjustable desk mount would help make life easier? It could be $25 well spent and if not, the return policy is good.

Oh yeah, and please never pay $50 for a HDMI to DVI cable. Monoprice is your new best friend! :D

That's the one thing I don't like about my T220HD as well, no VESA. I would love to have a dual monitor arm for my monitors.

I've recently been wondering if it'd be possible to rig something up. Basically use the VESA mount on the end of the monitor arm, and have four strips of metal coming off of it, preferably with rubber on the end. One screwed into each corner of the mount. Then each of those strips would go to the edge of the monitor, and sort of wrap around the edge to hold it. Two on top, two on bottom. Not sure if it'd be possible, or if it'd work out.

Quick illustration I whipped up to show what I mean, haha;
VT.jpg

I'd imagine it would have to connect on the corners in order to reduce strain on the screen itself, but I'm sure something like that is possible.

Oh, nice. I wasn't aware they made such a thing. Pretty pricey though, especially for something that really should have been included with the monitor for people who want the option.

For those who use an additional shelf on top of the desk, how comfortable is it looking up at a monitor? I'm thinking of doing the same, as I have speakers which need to be raised and a desk sub (Swan M10) which needs to be centered. Ergonomically speaking, I think a desk mount will offer a more precise position for my monitor in terms of height adjustment than the stand will, so I'm leaning towards a separate desk mount and speaker stand.

Tell me what you gusy think, my cable management sucks right now because i barely got my rocketfish and i haven't done any mods yet. And on teh wall is my cablebox/router/modem. I barely did that yesterday with a coupple zip ties and wall staples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back